I need some help PLEASE!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by TouchMeThere, May 25, 2008.

1. TouchMeThere

TouchMeThere New Member

Okay, my ipod has a bunch of programs and stuff, and it worked fine. I just installed Kate, and did the whole crack process using ssh and all that, but now my ipod doesn't respond to my touches on anything except the home summerboard screen. Basically what I'm saying is, I can move the screen around, use the "wiggle" function and the dock, but when I open a program that has another menu, like settings or music or video, suddenly I can't select anything. Why can the summerboard home work but not any other menus and can I fix this without un installing everything and having to spend hours redoing all this? i turned it off and on one time the first time it did it and it stopped, but now it wont stop.
  2. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

wow, that was one loooooooooooong sentence. Try uninstaling kate maybe?

Please Register or Log in to view images

if not restore, its a pretty simple process you have to think through when you get ipod problems.
  3. Stepe

Stepe New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    same thing happened to me...it helps to reboot the ipod MANY times and then the touchscreen should work and you're able to uninstall kate(i think uninstalling kate is better than a restore

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  4. TouchMeThere

TouchMeThere New Member

I can't uninstall anything, cause once I open a program the screen wont work anymore, just on summerboard. I really hope kate isn't the problem cause I really want to use it. I've restarted it at least 75 times now, so I guess I'll just have to not be lazy and restore it all over again....damnit.

what do you mean one long sentence?

*edit* right after I typed this I rebooted and it started working. so hopefully it'll stay that way. Thanks
  5. P0150N0U5 F15)-(

P0150N0U5 F15)-( Banned

I would recomending uninstalling Kate, is is VERY buggy!
  6. Halacio

Halacio New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    This is a common problem for alot of people seeing as how kate is very unstable. I suggest ridding of it but if you do not want to then install an application such as Killboard on your home screen incase this happens again it can instantly fix the problem for you.