i need some help! please!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Shorty04922, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Shorty04922

Shorty04922 New Member

ok, so last night i tried the unlocking thing. i got all the way throught to wear it wants you to put in your ip adress. since i wasnt connected to a network, i had to go upstairs and steal one from my neighbors. Then i just wrote it down, plugged in my ipoT and typed it in were it asked for my ip adress. Then putty came up and the "touchfree" aborted the process.[ i think you have to be connected to a network when running touchfee. ]

it erased all of my songs and now i cant sync with itunes. whenever i plug my ipoT in itunes freezez. please somebody help me.

p.s. [ do you have to be connected to a network when running touchfree ? ]
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Yes, you do need to be connected to WiFi to jailbreak. If you follow the force restore method (slightly different from the standard restore method) you'll be all set. I won't retype it out, as it's already in at least a dozen threads on this forum. Go check in the Mod section.
  3. Shorty04922

Shorty04922 New Member

But it still doesnt work it restores and all that but then after it restores itunes freezes again.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. dmorgan81

dmorgan81 New Member

Reinstall iTunes and the remove the two keys located in the touchfree directory. This should only be done as a last result, you can try and reboot and do a hard reset (hold home+power for 25 secs) until the connect itunes logo comes up.

However definitely remove those keys for /touchfree/ and restart your computer, let me know how that works for ya.

(ps) you need internet to complete this task (ps)
  5. sleinad

sleinad New Member

did u copy paste the itunesmobiledevice.dll? if not that may be is ur problem to restore ipod...
  6. Shorty04922

Shorty04922 New Member

yeah i used itunesmobiledevice.dll

i extracted it with the touchfre.exe
  7. endy

endy New Member

i've got this too,none of the resetting works
    and my itunes can't syc with my touch

but my itunes doesn't freeze