I need some Help Please!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Franky2037, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Franky2037

Franky2037 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Guys,

I'm really sorry if you've already answered this problem somewhere in your forums. I've tried searching but theres so much information here. I recently bought a second gen ipod touch, from ebay, but in good condition and not jailbroken.

I hooked it up to itunes and itunes kept crashing and telling me to restore which i did no problem. However as it was updating it today itunes told me to restore, which once again i did and then, all of a sudden vista told me 'the USB device has malfunctioned and is not recognised' the screen won't come on and itunes won't register thats its attached. I'm in way over my head.

Can anyone help?!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I've managed to get Itunes to recognise the ipod now, by going through the DFU procedure. It say i have to restore but when i click restore it says 'Software for this ipod not available.' Whats going on?!
  2. _Devn_

_Devn_ Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    did u put it in DFU mode? and do u want to jailbreak?
  3. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Plug it in and hold the home and power buttons at the same time until it turns offthen release the power button and continue holding the home button until iTunes open and says to restore.
  4. fckinfamous

fckinfamous Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    You have to get the right firmware for the iPod Touch, download it from google or pay for it. Once you've done that, hold shift and click restore then pick your firmware.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    READ!. it says he got it to get recognised by putting it into dfu mode. There's no firmware for him to choose from.
  5. redman1

redman1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This maybe a dumb question but are you connected to the internet?
  6. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    @fckinfamousz

When I started making my post he had not yet double posted. Did you think about that. No!
  7. Franky2037

Franky2037 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Definately connected to the internet, otherwise I wouldn't be posting here. It was working OK up until about 10 hours ago, I had version 2.2.1 on it but without warning it just turned itself off. Have you guys ever heard of something similar happening. I'm sorry if i sound stupid. I'm a definate Ipod touch noob. Would the firmware download make the screen come back on?
  8. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    No, you download the firmware, and then install it onto your iPod Touch through iTunes.
  9. beebop

beebop New Member

wooahh there jannet, change your tampon
  10. MasterHacker

MasterHacker New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1. Download the 2.2.1 firmware on google.
    2. Turn your speakers on loud.
    3. Hold the POWER and HOME button together for about 10 seconds, or until you hear a chime.
    4. Release the POWER button and keep holding the HOME button for another 10 seconds, or until you hear another chime.
    5. iTunes will popup saying your in "Recovery" mode. Press the SHIFT button on your keyboard then click restore at the same time.
    6. Browse for the 2.2.1 firmware you downloaded. Double click on it and you will be restoring!