I need some clarification

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by aznspyder, Oct 9, 2009.

1. aznspyder

aznspyder New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I just bought my brand-new iPod Touch 8GB less than a week ago. I know that Apple didn't really clearly state that it's a 3rd gen model, but if I were to jailbreak it, do I need to use 2nd gen methods 3rd gen?

I know that many of you are going to say search the forums or something like that, but I've read so many posts here that I've been very confused and don't know how to classify my iPod.

Please answer this question so that I may correctly mod my iPod.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. shamim57

shamim57 New Member

The ipod touch you bought was 2nd gen. There are no differences with this year's model of 8 GB and last year. So yes, you will have to use the 2nd gen jailbreak when it comes out. So if its on firmware 3.1 then just wait a few day's for the jailbreak
  3. aznspyder

aznspyder New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thank you so much for your help. This is my first iPod and I heard that this forum was the best for questions like these.

So, which jailbreak program should I be waiting for? I heard of redsn0w and a few others, but which one of these do you wizards recommend?
  4. shamim57

shamim57 New Member

Geohot and Greenpoison will be the first ones to release. so whichever comes first, someone will make a guide the same day.

Edit: Im pretty sure if its a 2nd gen you can actually jailbreak it now. Just use recovery option , get the 3.0 firmware and jailbreak. But i also just read a post that says you cant :/.
  5. inF4MOUS

inF4MOUS New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you can't go back to 3.0 if you bought your new ipod with the 3.1.1 firmware on it. ya need to wait 4 a 3.1 jb

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. aznspyder

aznspyder New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah, I my friend tried to downgrade it to 3.0, but it wouldn't take it. I got the 1600 something error but that was fixed by using a VPN before going back into iTunes.

I guess I'll wait for the pros to release the latest jailbreak programs. Thanks for all of your replies. You guys freakin' rock!