I need some case buying advice.

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by SheStoleMyBagel, Jan 19, 2008.

1. SheStoleMyBagel

SheStoleMyBagel Member

Hey all,

I have a Griffin iClear for my iPod Touch right now, and it does a pretty good job of protecting it. I've read some good things on the forums about the case, and it seems to be pretty popular, but I've sort of been considering a new case for my iPod that'd be a little nicer looking? This is kind of a two-fer, but does anyone else notice that the iClear seems to scratch really, really easily? It looked great out of the box, but after spending some time in my pocket, it's riddled with tiny scratches and dings. My screen is fine, but the case itself gets really dinged up over time. The case is great, but another thing is that even though the case is clear, I've had problems with some dust going under the case and it gets a bit annoying to have to pop the case open and clean it every week or so.

Anywho, sorry for that little aside, but my main predicament is this. I've got about $30-ish dollars to spend, and I'm looking at possibly getting a new case, probably either the iSkin, or an Otterbox Defender. But, is it really going to be worth it? I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions, or thoughts to how much better my touch is going to look and feel with the case, or if the problems with the iClear I'm having are going to happen with any case.

annnnyways, thanks for anybody who leaves a response.
  2. p4intb4ll005

p4intb4ll005 New Member

hey!
    the best case in my opinion is the invisible shield. the stuff is scratch resistant and when you order it comes with a lifetime warrenty. it is amazingly cool because when the ipod is in your pocket it doesnt add bulk to your ipod. you can even put your iClear over it to protect from drops. the invisible shield does the trick and it barely leaves fingerprints on the screen. you can order it at www.shieldzone.com and you can get a front and back proctant or just a front one. its about 25$ and its worth looking into.

-hope i helped.
  3. MadSon011

MadSon011 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I just got my otterbox deffender today and as soon as i put it on i thought my screen was broken. Turns out you have to press in quite hard making things like zooming in and playing iphysics impossible.

If i were ou go for a speck or a capsule touch(I have the speck seethru and it works great, and the built on belt clip/stand is awesome for movies, games, music)
  4. jonboy

jonboy New Member

Just thought I'd let you know...the iSkin is nice and it comes with a screen protector.