i need some answers for my questions please...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by thomas199513, Dec 8, 2008.

1. thomas199513

thomas199513 New Member

Hi everyone. I might be getting an Ipod Touch for christmas but i dont know much about them. I have some question and hopefully some of you can asnwer them. For 1 thing, Is every ipod touch sold in the newest version? 2, can you text with them? 3, Do most of them have a built in speaker and Finally, what version is most likely to be bought?
  2. fenderman8000

fenderman8000 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It depends on which one you buy... There arer two iPod Touches... Original and 2G....the original does NOT come with speakers, and the new 2G does come with speakers... the new ones come in a small seethrough plastic case type thing, while the older iPods come in a fancy black/gray box with lennon or someone on it. The new iPods come with the newest firmware, and the older ones u have to buy it for 10$.. You can also text (actual cellphone text) using AIM or some IM message app but u need wifi..
  3. I KILL

I KILL New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well, when you buy the new ipods, they are sold in the newest version. yes, you can text thru e-mail (phone#here)@teleflip.com, then you enter what you want to say in the description(you can do this over any e-mail but you need wi-fi). only the ipod touch 2G has the speaker, but the 2G is unjailbreakable for now. Welcome to the forums!
  4. thomas199513

thomas199513 New Member

what ipod touch is most common to be sold?
  5. newton1221

newton1221 New Member

the most likely one to be sold now would be the 2G, it has speakers, comes in the clear box, and cant be jailbroken yet, its the newest of the two
  6. thomas199513

thomas199513 New Member

ok thanks, i saw one at staples with the clear box so now i know it is the 2G, thanks
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    is everyone here on there ipod touch's as we speak?