I need serious help. iPod will not turn back on.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by necrodeius, Mar 13, 2009.

1. necrodeius

necrodeius New Member

I tried to do the jail break and everthing was going fine. I got all the way to the point where itunes says it will restart automatically. Well its been a good while now and it has not restarted at all. I even tried pushing the buttons no go. Tried pluggin it in and out still nothing. I even tried to hold down the home key while plugging it in and I cannot get any response out of it whatsoever.
    Does anyone know what could have happened or if there is anyway I can save it im in desperate need of help over here.
    Thanks
  2. itouchnathan

itouchnathan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hold down the power and home buttons and it will most likely turn on.
  3. josh0403

josh0403 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    o.o What tutorial did you use?

Was it for tethered or untethered?
  4. necrodeius

necrodeius New Member

I did do that when i tried to put it on a windows computer it says that something is wrong with this usb device it says it may be malfunctioning and itunes will not detect it aswell.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    it was for untethered.
  5. Yowriz

Yowriz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  6. lickwid

lickwid New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    You have to put it into DFU mode. Plug it into the computer. Turn up your speakers/volume. Then do the following:

1. Hold down both the power button and Home Button for 10 seconds. (you should hear a ding-dong noise when the USB device disconnects)

2. Release the power button and continue holding the home button for another 12-15 seconds (you should hear another ding-dong noise when the USB device connects)

3. It should now be in DFU mode.

4. Flash with your custom firmware.
  7. necrodeius

necrodeius New Member

Ah that worked I kinda feel stupid now. I had a feeling it was something like that I couldn't think staying up way too late. Thanks for all the help.