I need more help with the connect to itunes logo

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by drslippyfist, Sep 3, 2009.

1. drslippyfist

drslippyfist Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have a jail broken 2g ipodtouch 3.0. It has worked fine for months up until a week ago when it started to crash and a little computer guy would appear and tell me i should restart. Well it happened again today and I restarted and all was well. I played a few more games and the battery died out. I plugged it into the wall charger and when I came back to it it had the connect to itunes logo on it. I tried to do the soft reboot where you hold the two buttons for a few seconds and it restarts but it didnt work. I saw the problem on other posts but no one was at the same step or the same exact problem where i was yet. So I thought I would ask before I restore the whole thing. When I jail broke it and you do the thing where you hold one button for 10 second and let go and hold the other and back to the other I was wondering if that was a better way tp reboot it and should I try it or aything else. My other problem is that Im writing you this on my netbook at work and I only have a slow aircard that would take me all day to down load all of my apps in a restore situation. So I will go home to my pc,running vista, and that is the comp that i use my itunes 8.2 or whatever the latest version is. But I have to go back to work about 6 hours after that so what ever I do I need to do it fast. And my last and biggest problem is that Im a total newb and need everything explained to me like your explaining it to your foriegn nanny. So if the restore is my best option could you also walk me through that. To anyone that helps me out on this I thank you very much and thank you for any patience you could show me. May good thing happen to you to.
  2. amaan

amaan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    try checking out the thread titled how to fix the connect to itunes screen both methods and try using the second method, it will most probably help u get ur ipod back to normal