i need ipod touch help!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by sgkdude, Jun 19, 2010.

1. sgkdude

sgkdude New Member

my ipod touch is a 8gb 2g

a couple months ago i was using safari on it and it froze... i pressed the home button. nothing happened. so i tried restarting it. when i did. it did not start back up properly. when i tried turning it back on, it would show the apple sign for a few seconds then it would disappear and turn back off. i tried charging it but nothing would happen. sometimes the apple sign will show but turn back off. like i said. and i tried restarting it with a different firmware on itunes. but when i plug it in the computer it would do the same thing as i said before, only it would show the itunes sign with the plug. and i would try to download a new firmware but it would stop and say error. i am worried that it cant be fixed. please help me and please tell me you know a way to fix my problem. thank you.
  2. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    DFU, that always works!
  3. sgkdude

sgkdude New Member

what is DFU? and how can i do whatever it is?!
  4. mohit199

mohit199 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    to DFU, when your ipod is completely off:
    1. Hold the power/sleep button for 3 seconds

2. Then, after 3 seconds hold the home button without letting go of the power/sleep button for 10 more seconds

3.Finally, let go of the power/sleep button, but keep on holding the home button until your ipod turns on