I Need Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 4NewHop3, Oct 1, 2008.

1. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Hi, I need help because I want to get the new iPod Touch 2G but I bought my iPod Touch 1G at August 15....I will show u what i mean.

I bought My iPod Touch 1G at Costco in February, then traded in my iPod Touch 1G for a new one at the Apple Retail store because my old one broke then I just returned it there......and it happened August 15........

If I go to my local Apple Retail Store and ask them if I can trade my iPod Touch 1G to be traded for a 2G and tell them my serial number, and show them my receipt, then am i all set....will they accept it.....

Someone Please Reply To This!
    I NEED BIG HELP!!!!!
  2. Touch Fan 414

Touch Fan 414 New Member

No, they will not just give you a new one

They will only replace it if it is covered under warranty and there is something wrong with it.

Even then, they will not upgrade you to a 2g
  3. jmonster66

jmonster66 Member

yeah.
    if u trade it in, i think they'll only give u 10% off ur next purchase.
    its part of their ipod recycling program or something.
  4. Thao

Thao New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Why wouldn't you just ask them? What's the worst that could happen?
  5. agentphish

agentphish New Member

I think the policy is that if you buy a new product within 1-2 weeks of a new product launch you can return and obtain the new one. I don't know that it will work for you, but it's worth a shot if you really want a 2g.

Otherwise sell your 1g.
  6. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    ok...but i heard from lots of people that traded in there ipods for the new 2g model by just showing them the serail number, the receipt, the ipod touch, and u have to have $20.00 because thats how much these people payed for that service...and they got there ipods like at june or something...im confused about this!

Touch Fan 414 says i cant, but what if i told them i just recieved it as a gift and they didnt now there was new ones
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    and also i cant sell it so bad luck there...i can trade it in though, if there is a way they give me a 2g model

i also cant really ask them cause its very far away and im trying to keep this secret from my parents(they never notice if i got something new or not).so im going to my grandmas house(she lives kind of close)and i need an answer quick before i do this(secret plan)

oh and will my parents have to be there...if so im bringing my grandma and uncle only