I need help with winSCP

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by i nick nova i, Jun 1, 2008.

1. i nick nova i

i nick nova i New Member

hey i need help with useing winSCP i have it installed and running but i dont know what to do in the program. my ipod's files are shown and i have the "SSH" running on my ipod but how do i change files and stuff? someone please help. thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Enter your iPod's IP address, then "root" for the username and "alpine" for the password.
  3. i nick nova i

i nick nova i New Member

again, i already did that mate. i have the program running and its saved then i logged into it and it just has all the files on my computer and the "TTR" file on my itouch.. i want to install coustom but it wont let me and someone said i needed to get winSCP and manage the files from there but i dunno how to manage them or what ever i need help with moving the files around and installing customize on my itouch.
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Make sure your protocol is sftp and port 22. The first time you try and connect it will make the keys. Second time you will be good.

Which directory are you trying to get to?
  5. mlbplayer456

mlbplayer456 Banned

If it can't connect install BossPrefs from installer. Open it turn ssh off then back on then try to connect, there might be an error the first time but keep trying.
  6. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Ah, sorry, you said you didn't understand what to do in the program, so I thought you needed help actually getting in to your files. My mistake.
  7. i nick nova i

i nick nova i New Member

im like really new and everything set like that stuff and all i am trying to do is use winSPC to move files or what ever so i can get customise on my itouch. the apps i have on it are garg summer board installer ssh and ttr thats it.
  8. i nick nova i

i nick nova i New Member

im like really new and everything set like that stuff and all i am trying to do is use winSPC to move files or what ever so i can get customise on my itouch. the apps i have on it are garf summerboard installer ssh and ttr thats it.
  9. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    If you want Customize, just install it from Installer. And use the Edit button rather than double posting.
  10. Blaze_Blaster

Blaze_Blaster Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    once u have ssh'd in, place the customize app in /Applications. It would be much easier to use installer though.