i need help with what some guy did to my ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Cold Sunshine, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Cold Sunshine

Cold Sunshine New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Iwas at the mall just now and went to one of those cellphone kiosks looking for a slipcase for my already cased ipt 3g. This worker took the ipt and shoved it in this case that was too tight and got it stuck. Long story short he tried pushing the ipt out of the case by pushing on the sleep button it hard. Could pusing on the button hard damage the buttor , working or ipt itself in any way? If so what would the signs of damage be? In retrospect I know that I should not have let this guy touch it.

Thanks
  2. theflexxxman

theflexxxman Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Does it still work. If not its broken. Seriously do you not know when something is broken or not. If it is go back to him and ask him for money. if not check your recipt from apple for the return date and you can get a new one or check warrenty if broken.
  3. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    why would you let those case selling bastards touch your iPod if you can try fitting it on yourself? I'm not trying to sound rude or anything, just a question?

=P
  4. theflexxxman

theflexxxman Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    i second that
  5. xinzhitan14

xinzhitan14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if your ipod touch is damaged, you should ask for some kind of compensation, if not from him but from the store. If he doesnt want to pay up for any damage, complain to the store manager. He handled your device in an improper way and therefore damaged it.

I would never let any sales person handle my ipod touch. heck i wouldnt even let most people handle it. First thing that happens is they look at it and then it slips out of their hand onto the hard concrete.
  6. Cold Sunshine

Cold Sunshine New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Maybe I wasn't fully clear in my initial post. I don't need to know how to deal with the guy himself. My actual questions were about the pressure put on the sleep button and whether the damage would be seen right away (the telltale signs of damage, etc). In otherr words, how durable are these buttons? Is it able to withstand that pressure, etc?

Thanks
  7. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

I've had my lock button (and home button) f*** up very often with my old 2G. When it locks, turns off or takes pictures by itself, then you know it's broken

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. xinzhitan14

xinzhitan14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    the buttons seem pretty durable, but the home button i've noticed has been feeling more and more dodgier the more i press it. Doubt you'd be able to see any "damage" done, but you'll know when your button doesnt click like it used to.