I Need help with themes in ssh

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Hansford11308, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Hansford11308

Hansford11308 New Member

I have done everything right and can access my ipod touch, but I don't really understand how and where to put a new theme in my ipod. I would think it goes under summerboard but I dont know i just need a little tip on how to do this. Sorry a newb to the ipod touch and ssh.
  2. x6blues

x6blues New Member

After you have downloaded Summerboard, the themes will go into
    var/mobile/Library/Summerboard/Themes
    Then in the iPod, go to SMBPrefs and switch to the theme. If the theme doesn't appear, then set permissions to the folder to 755.
    *In SMBPrefs, scroll down and it should be set to active. If not, uninstall and then reinstall, then reboot (turn the iPod off then on)

The theme you have needs to have a folder in the main theme named Icons with all the icons. The wallpaper and dock will just be in the main folder. An example is below (Thanks to TheAppleTree) It is just the Summerboard Theme.
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/nm278q
    (Manage Attachments refuse to work >__>)
  3. Hansford11308

Hansford11308 New Member

Thanks alot i have it going good now. I have already got a few good ones. Thanks
  4. pearce12321

pearce12321 New Member

btw, good choice in team. Chelsea FTW!
  5. cardex88

cardex88 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    sorry can i ask where i can set the permissions to 755? i'm just bought a new ipod touch yesterday...so i doesn't understand at all.
  6. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    After you go into that directory, click on the files and right click, there should be an option that says permissions or chmod or properties or something of that sort. Also if you use Squid (which is found in Installer) you can just do it on your iPod by selecting the files but it takes a little longer.
  7. cardex88

cardex88 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    so what kind of progie i can use to organize my ipod file....like native ipod games,i must installed it from my ipod...so if i want to install from my pc(OS windows XP) what kind of progie can i use?

thx 4 the share

Please Register or Log in to view images