i need help with my pwnplayer

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by danceswithgrenades, Mar 16, 2009.

1. danceswithgrenades

danceswithgrenades New Member

when i tap on the player icon it goes to the player screen for maybe a second, then sends me back to the dock screen on my ipod touch, ive tried re-installing it and de-installing it then installing it again, no help, if anyone has the same problem or knows how to fix it, that would be great

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ctk

ctk New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i have the same problem. i don't know what player the opening poster has, but i have a touch 2nd gen. if this is just a problem limited just to those players, that would explain some things.
  3. bigcj55

bigcj55 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    You two have pwnplayer 2.0 beta most likely and it is extremely buggy.You should uninstall and download the original pwnplayer
  4. ctk

ctk New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I downloaded mine right from cydia. Is there a way to download the most stable version and how would I install it without using cydia?
  5. telliott

telliott New Member

What is this "2.0 beta" you speak of? Has someone else taken over development? It appears the version on Cydia has been abandon. I found the web site which has no new news since October last year.

I installed the current version on Cydia and it's crashing as soon as it opens. I hope someone creates a stable version.

why work on creating 2.0 when 0.1 is the latest and is very buggy?

Tim
  6. ctk

ctk New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i kinda fixed my problem with pwnplayer. i tried installing some other stuff manually and that caused everything to lock up. leaving everything on left me stuck at the boot screen for several hours.

so i just did a restore of the custom jailbroken firmware and i'm good to go. i redownloaded the current version of pwnplayer that is on cydia (first thing i downloaded) and now everything is working 80% of the time. it doesn't read m4b format (which is a problem, the vast majority of my stuff is m4b files) and the lock screen tap control is iffy, and sometimes it doesn't load at all, but it is working for the most part.

what is this version 2.0 that you are speaking of?