I need help with my jailbroken ipod touch theme

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by ridincode2, Mar 31, 2009.

1. ridincode2

ridincode2 New Member

I jailbroke my ipod touch and i am having trouble setting the theme on it. I made a folder called "Senses Fail" with a picture in that folder called "Wallpaper.png". I put the folder in /private/var/stash/Themes.iWy3pD

when i go to winterboard I see the theme, i put a check by it, but it doesn't apply it. The background on the springboard is still the picture on my lock screen. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, when i tried to change system strings with Customize it said that it failed. Any suggestions on how to change the sliders and strings and stuff?

16 Gig iPod Touch 2G
    Jailbroken on 2.2.1

thanks!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Unfortunately, Customize no longer works :'(
    Um...make sure you don't have the quotes around "Wallpaper.png" and after opening the Winterboard drag your folder to the top of the list. Also your wallpaper image has to be 320x480 to make it work. That should fix your problems, by the way, this is the Release section, if you need help post in the Request or Tutorial section.
  3. ridincode2

ridincode2 New Member

What do you mean make sure it's on top? in winterboard the theme is the very first.

the problem is is that whatever i set as the wallpaper for the lock screen automatically becomes the background on the home screen. i don't want that...i don't know if i'm putting the theme in the wrong folder or not.

i'm new here...i just craeted this account so i can get this problem fixed so
  4. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hm...Go into Winterboard and make sure that "User Wallpaper" isn't checked...Once again I stress the importance of the image being named Wallpaper.png and being 320x480. And you should drop that image in a folder and that folder in /private/var/stash/Themes.(Whatever, it's different for everyone) , then go into Winterboard and apply it, Respring and it should work...When I say "at the top" I mean when you open Winterboard there should be a list, your folder needs to be at the top of that list.
  5. ridincode2

ridincode2 New Member

Ok i unchecked user wallpaper now "User Lock background", "Transparent Dock", and the name of my theme are only checked.....now it's just a black background.
  6. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hm...that's really strange, can you attach your wallpaper to your post (go to Go Advanced and click on the paperclip) and I can try it out for you and make sure everything's working ok?
  7. ridincode2

ridincode2 New Member

here it is Wallpaper.png.png
  8. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hm...I got it working just fine. Here's a screenshot:

Please Register or Log in to view images

Anyways here was my procedure exactly:
    1) Create New Folder, drop image into folder
    2) Copy image, rename copy LockBackground.png
    3)SSH into iPod, drop New Folder into /private/var/stash/Themes.XXXXXX (the X's represent letters and numbers specific to your iPod! It isn't a folder that you can create yourelf or it won't work)
    4) Go into WinterBoard
    5) Select New Folder and Transparent dock
    6)Close WinterBoard (automatic Respring)
    7) Go "Woohoo!" because it worked.
  9. timidestemu

timidestemu New Member

so you want that picture as the locksreen? if so you need to change the name to "LockBackground.png" no quotes around it.

Edit: also if you want an easy way to find the right folder to put it in get iphonebrowser it works for the ipod touch and if you go up to "go to location " and click winter board themes it will take you to the right place to put it in then just drag your theme to the blank white area on the right of the screen.

Attached Files:

10. ridincode2

ridincode2 New Member

No, I want that picture as the background on the homescreen (where all the apps are and stuff) and I want the lock screen a picture of my boyfriend. But my boyfriend seems to keep winding up on my homescreen.