I need help with categories.

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by darkmage7530, Mar 13, 2010.

1. darkmage7530

darkmage7530 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey, I have apps in my categories. Whenever I take an app out of a category, it doesn't show up anywhere. I can search and still find it, but it's not on the springboard or in the category. Also if I add an app into a category, everything goes fine, but when I take it out, The same thing I talked about above happens. It's not hidden or anything. Whats up? This is really frustrating and I really need this fixed, my apps are kindof permanently in those categories.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Nobody can help me? Uh oh this isn't good, I'd really really like to stay away from a full restore :|.
  2. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Reboot, maybe see if they got hidden with Poof! in the categories app.
  3. penfold1992

penfold1992 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    question about categoriesSB.... how can i change the background of categoriesSB to transparent? i can currently see a ugly black box -.-
  4. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Currently, the only way to change the back would be to use winterboard and make your own icon...

Go into SBSettings. Tap on "More" it's an icon under all the toggles that are installed / used. Tap on "Hide Icons". Set the apps that you want to show up on your SpringBoard to the "On" position. Hit the home button. It will respring, then you're done.

As always, hope this helps. If any of you are having anymore trouble, don't hesitate to ask anyone on these forums.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Fwission

Fwission New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Did your respiring after unhiding the app?
  6. penfold1992

penfold1992 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    even bigger problem... my categories apps (apps in folders...) dont have there names beneith them... when i remove my Del-noch theme they are there... and when i put it back on theyre gone :S. any1 know the problem? (or even better solution)
  7. Fwission

Fwission New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    My guess is that the theme has a .plist that hides docked icon names or somehow figured out a way to hide categories name. Look in the theme folder for a .plist.
  8. Zman104

Zman104 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    That happened to me, and I just synced it, and it showed up on my springboard, but also remained in categories, like I had it twice on my ipod. So you can then just delete it from the categories category.
  9. vash9

vash9 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    open the Categories App.

find "Hidden Icons" section. it's below the "Respring" button i believe.

search for the app you have taken out to the springboard and make sure it says "On" next to it. do that to all the apps you want on your springboard. respring.

that should work?