I need help with a jailbreak issue

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by JP MoneyStock, Nov 1, 2009.

1. JP MoneyStock

JP MoneyStock New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Please Help!!!!! I’m new at the jailbreak process and have successfully Jailbroke my iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 using windows vista 64bit.
    I’m not sure if this is normal but after doing the jailbreak I power off (reboot) and it always goes to the DFU mode showing the iTunes and the usb cable.
    I believe this is in recovery mode and when iTunes opens up it says that I need to restore to factory settings. I did this the first time and had to do the
    jailbreak all over again. I then figured that when that screen comes on I close iTunes and make it rain again and everything I did and installed is still
    there. Now, do I have to make it rain everytime the device reboots or the battery wastes and it powers off? Like I said I don’t know much about this so if
    someone can help me understand what to do or show me what I’m doing wrong it will be greatly appreciated. My email is j.p.italy@live.com please send an
    email because it will be easier for me. Your all awesome with help I’ve been getting with other issues and questions. Thanks all.
  2. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It's called a tethered jailbreak. Which mean you will have to run blackra1n everytime you reboot.
  3. wee2john

wee2john New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yep scribeone is correct at the minute blackra1n is a tehtered jailbreak which basically means when it dies, is turned off or needs rebooted you have to make it rain with blackra1n. Untethered is when you jailbreak it and it carry's on as if it was a normal iphone/ipod only with access to jailbroken apps, etc, with out having to connect it to the computer to turn it on or reboot it. At the minute geohot and his team are developing greenpo1son which should be untethered for all devices on 3.1.2
  4. iptlolage123

iptlolage123 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    can u turn a tethered ipod on without hmaking it ra1n
    what would happen
  5. wee2john

wee2john New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It just cant be done. If you turn a tethered jailbrekon ipod/iphone off and turn it back on it will automatically go into recovery mode and needs blackra1n to restore its jailbroken firmware.