*I NEED HELP!!!* Unlock/activation help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by H_a_C_k_E_r, Oct 29, 2009.

1. H_a_C_k_E_r

H_a_C_k_E_r New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Okay, so I just recently ordered an iPhone 2g off of ebay. The previous owner brought it to an AT&T store and got it returned to factory settings. Thinking that at&t's data plan was crazy, i decided to do what most people were doing, and use a gophone sim card in it. What I didn't consider, is that you need to activate it through iTunes in order to be able to use it... Whenever I try to unlock it it doesn't do anything. I am an avid hacker, but in this situation, i am stumped. Can somebody please help? I really need this phone!!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. andybno2

andybno2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    what jailbreak software you using? what is your computer? a pc or a mac?

you can hacktivate the phone without the need of a legit sim.
  3. H_a_C_k_E_r

H_a_C_k_E_r New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Sorry for being nondescript... I have a Compaq Presario CQ60 Laptop-PC, and I am trying to use redsn0w to unlock it...

- Thanks!
  4. pooffck

pooffck Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    What version of the firmware is on it? and what baseband is it?
  5. H_a_C_k_E_r

H_a_C_k_E_r New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Okay, so I put my phone in DFU mode and updated to FW 3.1.2... I just don't know what 2 do... nw...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Okay, I updated my iPhone to activated custom firmware 3.1.2 and it works now!!!!

but now, I have a new question. I was stupid and signed up for a gophone account, but I used my iPhone's IMEI number instead of some gophone's IMEI. I guess this doesn't make it work? So I went to log in to my at&t account and accidentally pressed 'forgot my password', and now I screwed. Apparently, they send you your password via sms... How do I receive my password when I can't access my texts? ugh... nothing seems to be going right 4 me lol HELP!!!!
  6. pooffck

pooffck Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    if its unlocked and activated so it can be on any carrier..just put ur at&t sim inside and check the text...

Or call them
  7. H_a_C_k_E_r

H_a_C_k_E_r New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Okay, so I started clean... I installed FW 3.0 and used redsn0w and JB/unlocked my phone.... But even now, when I put my sim card in, it says 'searching' and then 'no service'... I'm so frustrated!!!
  8. Explosive

Explosive New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm also looking for the answer to this problem. I tried to reboot, turn on/off airplane mode, everything. Still it doesn't work. Do we have to wait for blacksn0w?
  9. H_a_C_k_E_r

H_a_C_k_E_r New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I've experienced an epiphany...

Okay, so I was driving around my city the other day, flipping airplane mode on/off, and I came across a question, "Do I even have coverage in my city?" The amusing thing is, I live in Evanston, Wyoming. This thought never has occured to me because just 5 miles away from me is the Utah border, and everybody uses at&t there... I went on the gophone website, and found out that there is no coverage for me until just past the Utah border. I guess this whole situation has proved my IQ. Or, could there be another specific reason? Maybe I do need to wait for blacksn0w... idk... don't you love situations like this? lmao =P