I Need Help Really Bad!!! Please Someone Help Me!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by amandureja, Aug 3, 2010.

1. amandureja

amandureja New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey guys, so here's my problem.

I currently just restored my iPod Touch 32GB third generation to iOS4, and successfully jailbroke it with jailbreakme. Before restoring, I downloaded AppBackup from Cydia and backed up all my apps, and SSH'd the "tarballs" folder to my desktop. Now I have a bit of a dillema.

When I SSH the folder back to AppBackup to restore my apps, appbackup still shows all my apps as never backed up. So now I reinstalled it, and am trying to backup the apps first, then replacing the backups to restore. the problem is that every time i press the backup button, the app just crashes. How can i get rid of this crashing problem? I have deleted the debug log and tried everything! Please somebody help me!!!

Question: How can i stop appbackup from crashing everytime i press the backup button?
  2. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Jesus, a complete over exaggeration of how bad this is. Almost all cydia apps for ios 3 are not compatible with ios4. I don't think aptbackup is either. There is a list of what's ios4 compatible on this site. Find it and see what apps are compatible
  3. mcj108

mcj108 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What folder did you ssh over exactly, theres one with the backups and one with just the AppBackup App and they are in completely different locations
  4. laurandavid

laurandavid New Member

5. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    What's funny is that the debug log would tell you why it crashed.
  6. Athen123

Athen123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    • Irrelevant/off-topic posts
    Hey, um, sorry for posting here but I'm having a problem too, My stupid computer isn't letting me post my own topic for some reason, anyway, My ipod isn't charging when i connect it to the computer, or being recognized by Itunes. I just jailbroke it with Comex's new jailbreak. it won't go into Recovery or DFU mode so I tried erasing all the content and settings through the setting menu, that went through then it was just blank, I tried turning it off and on but that didn't help, I tried putting into DFU mode but still nothing, eventually it went to the loading screen and its stuck there now, theres like a little line going across the screen and the little loading wheel ontop of the apple, but my problem is will apple be able to tell that it was jailbroken? (The little line first appeard when I changed the theme for the first time and also appears when I restart my ipod.)

I'm trying to do this so Apple won't see that I jailbroke it when I bring it to the Genius Bar later.
  7. amandureja

amandureja New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    dude chill. this app is completely compatible with iOS4.

and to JC, i SSH'd the "tarballs" folder, which has the backups. But that's not my problem. My problem is that it would just crash when I try to backup some apps.

And another thing. I am using "iPhone Disk" to do it via USB. Could it maybe not be transferring properly?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    sorry, i meant...

"to mcj108" not JC lol
  8. amandureja

amandureja New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    FIXED!!!! WOOHOO!!

I went in AppBackup and tried backing up each app one by one. And it would always crash when trying to backup the game, "Finger Physics". So i just delete that during the backup and then everything is good now!
  9. Nickmadkiller

Nickmadkiller Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Hehe finger physics.Not a bad app

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. amandureja

amandureja New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    you are right my friend.

very amusing game indeed! too bad i have to restart all the levels because appbackup refuses it