I need help my ipod is stuck in recovery mode and it wont let me restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tomvtennis, Dec 26, 2008.

1. tomvtennis

tomvtennis New Member

ok heres what happened about a couple of months ago with the release of the new ipod firmware and stuff i decided to get the new 2.0 software but i didnt pay i did the shift click thing on itunes 7.7 and downloaded the firmware well ..... back then my ipod used to be jailbroken and i decided to restore it to get the 2.0 software. i was bored today so i decided to jailbreak the thing again with ziphone and my cable got unpluged the one that was connecting my ipod to my computer (macbook). so now im left with a ipod in recovery mode that wont restore because whenever i try to restore it also wants me to update which dosent work because i hacked to get it in the first place.
    if theres anyway i could restore my ipod without updating i think i could fix it

please write back i just got an ihome for christmas i havent got to use

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    put in DFU mode and restore. Try DFU mode attached to computer or also not initially attached as one method sometimes works over the other. If you keep on trying you'll eventually get your device in DFU mode and recognised by the computer so you can restore.
  3. tomvtennis

tomvtennis New Member

will that let you restore it because my problem is when i try to restore my ipod it want to restore/update but theres an error because i never paid for the update i did the shift click method and it wont download the software from itunes because the first update you pay for wasnt in my bill history so it wont let me restore period
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok now by pressing apple alt shift it let me restore to factorey settings but in the middle of the restore i get error 20