I Need Help!!! My Ipod Is Messed Up! =*(

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by fishscene, Jun 23, 2008.

1. fishscene

fishscene New Member

I had the worst luck. I spent the last 5 days hacking my ipod till it was perfect. I downloaded "Categories" and organized everything and it was perfect. Then I decided to move some stuff around the dock and my "Video.app" disappeared. I couldn't find it so I went into "Categories" and started deleting the Category folders I had set up and when I went back into my home screen all my apps were gone!

I'm using a macbook, so I tried to connect to FUGU SSH to try to fix the problem but my wifi wasn't on when my apps where all deleted on my ipod. So I went into my Windows computer and downloaded Total Commander to try to fix it but it wouldn't work because I needed the "T-pot" plugin. So I downloaded the "T-pot" plug in but it wouldn't work because I needed "Itunes". So I downloaded "Itunes" but it wouldn't work because I needed Windows Service Pack 2. I can't download it cause my internet keeps freezing from the large file size.

I need help! Is there anything I can do? I want to access my file system but I can't do it through wifi. Is there any Mac compatible SSH program that doesn't need wifi to connect to the ipod.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Chucky102

Chucky102 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    So your apps weren't deleted, they were just hidden by Categories, correct? Well you could search for the .plist that has all the setting of the apps and SSH a default one into your iPod replacing the current one. As for SSH clients. I heard of some but not without WIFI.
  3. fishscene

fishscene New Member

I am so frustrated. It was perfect but I kept messing with it, now this happens.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I am so lost...I don't want to be forced to restore it.
  4. ZMOBtiger

ZMOBtiger New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Shouldn't you have iTunes already since you are on a mac?? why do you need a windows service pack?
  5. fishscene

fishscene New Member

Im using two computers. On my mac I have itunes. On my PC, I don't have iTunes or Windows Service Pack.
  6. ZMOBtiger

ZMOBtiger New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Oh, sorry bout that, didn't read the first post carefully enough. I think DiskAid will work, but I have never used it. It should be mac compatible
  7. fishscene

fishscene New Member

Okay, thanks!

I'm going to try that now.
  8. fishscene

fishscene New Member

Okay, it worked! I got in. How do I modify the Categorie's Info.plist? =(
  9. ZMOBtiger

ZMOBtiger New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    use a text editor, but I think you will need a brand new .plist. When you use DiskAid, do you see all of your apps in the /Applications folder? you might be able to get them back by uninstalling, then re-installing categories. but if you are going to do that, make sure you don't have any categories made.
  10. fishscene

fishscene New Member

Yeah, I see all my apps in the Application folder. But I don't know how to uninstall through SSH.