I NEED HELP! Ipod touch won't do ANYTHING

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by harmeet, Feb 8, 2009.

1. harmeet

harmeet New Member

i need help with my ipod touch 2nd gen 2.2.1 i tethered jailbroke it using the GUI version of red sn0w and it worked fine i was using cydia to get apps and everything. but then i couldnt add any sources to cydia to i decided to re-jailbreak it. and when i restored it i also wanted my old music pics etc. on it so i tried syncing (or what ever its called) my old stuff on the ipod touch. then when i tried turning it on, it wouldnt turn on so i tried putting it in DFU mode to re-jailbreak it and it wouldnt go into DFU mode and now im stuck with a ipod touch that wont do ANYTHING!

sorry about making it so long, but can someone help me i need help ASAP!
  2. MANOWAR©

MANOWAR© Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Search, seriously about 100 people a day post that exact same thing here. Read the thread about it before you make a new one. It's been solved already.
  3. StaticFX

StaticFX New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    restore it and start over....

hook to pc.. start itunes
    press and hold power/home till it dings, then let go of power till it dings again, let go of home
    itunes will see it but claim itunes is out of date... shift click restore, then pick the real 2.2.1 ipsw and restore
  4. JayK-47

JayK-47 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Before you panic read the posts you will find your answers
  5. dim3000

dim3000 New Member

If you can't then just use an automated boot tool like mine.
    (Link in Sig)
  6. harmeet

harmeet New Member

sorry haha im new to this place i just joined today and i know other people have the same issue but i dont know where to go to find my type of problem on this site. and plus other people can put there ipod touch in DFU mode by holding down the buttons but i cant. (i know how to put it inot DFU mode ive already done it like 100 times but this time i cant do it for some reason)
    can anyone help me?
  7. wetwilly6191

wetwilly6191 New Member

8. harmeet

harmeet New Member

LOL funniest thing i just had to restart my computer because the usb drive wasnt working OMG took me 5 hours to find out!
  9. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It took you a week to figure that out?
  10. desolateTheory

desolateTheory New Member

lol wow . . . my tethered jailbroken ipod 2g is dead and my computer wont detect my ipod when i put it in dfu mode so the boot file wont work and itunes doesn't detect either is there any solutions to this?