I need help... badly :/

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xk2, Dec 24, 2009.

1. xk2

xk2 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Right, today I got my iPod touch 2G 30GB(I was going to wait until tomorrow bbuuut... I didn't) and the guy that sold me it(Two States away(The joy of eBay)) stupidly left all of his contacts and such on the iPod touch. I went to settings and pressed the "Erase all Data" button. 20 minutes later and it hasn't done anything so I stupidly force reset it and then it gets put into recovery mode. I set it up to restore(Which I should of done in the first place)(FW: 3.0) and went to do something else for ten minutes. I come back and it's off, iTunes said it failed with error code 8. I try and turn it on but nothing happens, I disconnect it from my computer and then reconnect and I get the following:

USB Device Not Recognized
    One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it.

It's being labelled as a unknown device :/ I tried with every other space USB port and the same thing happened. I also tried to get it into recovery mode again and couldn't because it wouldn't fully boot.... I'm guessing I managed to brick the first iPod touch I ever owned within a hour?
  2. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
  3. xk2

xk2 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I stupidly forgot to mention that I already tried to get into dfu mode but no matter how many times I tried it wouldn't let me(Nothing would happen). I also made a mistake near the end of the post as I said it wouldn't fully boot, It won't boot at all(Well technically that is as iTunes isn’t able to detect it as windows isn’t able to(I tried on windows 7 and XP)).
  4. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Are you running the latest version of iTunes?
  5. xk2

xk2 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah(It's 9.0.2.25 right?).
  6. iTam

iTam Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    If i can remember correctly, my iPod did the same thing. plug it up to your computer and see if you can run blackra1n. yes it will jailbreak it, but its should kick it out of recovery. then do a DFU restore from there.

-OR-

Try a different USB sync cable

One more thing: When you put it into DFU, nothing will come up on the screen. just plug the ipod up hold home and power for 9 seconds and then continue holding home until your computer recognized the apple recovery device.
  7. xk2

xk2 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok it's working now. I got a different sync cable and connected it to my computer. Got into DFU mode, jailbroke it, restored(It wouldn't let me restore first) and then... well... now my problem is: Attempting to Copy to the disk "iPod" failed. The disk could not be read from or written to.

I'm guessing I have to re-install iTunes to fix this one? (Only thing I can think of)