I need Help after jailbreaking my itouch 2g!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by M4tank, Feb 22, 2009.

1. M4tank

M4tank New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have to mention this is the first time I try to jailbreak since this is my 1st apple device ...

yesterday I realized I can't turn it on without the Redsn0w booter. I used cyw00d to jailbreak it.
    now all my songs are gone, I don't know to use cydia at all
    my battery gone all empty after jailbreaking it (in like the 3th time after I realized I can't restore it back to normal - error 1611 stuck on recovery)

these are many questions so I apologize, may someone help me here or in my msn address?
    signify@live.com

thanks in advance
  2. hipy

hipy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    ok you must resync after jailbreak

if i where you i should restart
    put it in dfu mode ( home power 10secs after that release power and continu holding home for 15 secs. the ipod must be connected to computer ) then press shift restore and click the unjailbroken firmware

for the jailbreak search the forum on redtool gui jailbreaker
  3. Mr X

Mr X New Member

If your battery died, you have to charge it first, and I don't think jailbroken 2G iPods will charge from a computer when dead. So you probably need a wall charger. Don't worry about recovering it to normal right now, first you need it to boot so you can actually use it. It was stated quite obviously in ALL tutorials that it is a TETHERED jailbreak, and you must boot it with the assistance of a computer. When you have charged it for a while, try to boot it with an autobooter, such as Decovery. Search the forums for it. Also, I am adding you on msn right now to try to help you further.