i need answers :(

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by assist, Mar 4, 2009.

1. assist

assist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    so i'm completely new to this "jailbreaking" thing and pretty much what I've seen of screen shots is that you can customize your background, icons, loading screens, lock screens and whatnot.

what i want to know is if i were to jailbreak my ipod 2g on windows, should i use the semi-teathered, tethered, or wait a while for something else?

also, when you jailbreak it, does anything happen to you ipod? like are you not able to reboot your ipod or some weird crap like that?

i just need some simple information i can't seem to find

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. smarttart62

smarttart62 New Member

I suggest Tethered / run rs. Semi is way too buggy....

You won't be able to start the iPod UNTIL you connect to the computer and either send it commands/files or click on a program =]. If you use the 'run rs' method you only need to send the iPod "run rs", hence the name.
  3. assist

assist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    once you do that run command to start it up on the computer, are you able to maybe hold down the hold and middle button to reset it? and will it work? or do you need to go back on the comptuer to boot it up?
  4. smarttart62

smarttart62 New Member

Everytime you reset you need to send the command again. That's the current state of the jailbreak.

However, merely pressing the 'HOLD' button does not constitute a reset.
  5. Chrisschulz

Chrisschulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you get something that needs to be rebooted to use, before that get a program called sbsettings and onceyou need to reboot you swipe the top bar and you can respring, instead of having to boot up again