I need all advice i can get.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by T3K_sketz, Sep 7, 2009.

1. T3K_sketz

T3K_sketz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so my sleep/wake button jammed in (dropped it) and i wanted to return it to apple store for a new one. I jailbroke my 2g buh when the battery dies or it turns off it doesnt turn back on until i put it in DFU and use 1clickboot. so i tried to restore to official firmware and it failed somehow(i left the room) and it basicly how it is if the battery died i need put it in DFU and use that. as you can see i cant do this manually is there a way to put it in DFU some way else? its 2G soo yaa please if any one knows help out. nd dont say look in another thread ive been searching for a while if you knw the thread plz post the link thanks
  2. T3K_sketz

T3K_sketz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    its an empty screen and the power button is jammed. what can i tell them? i dont think they replace water damge should i just say i dropped it and it wont turn on? nd wuh if they do do find JB they cant take it away kuz copyright laws lol ?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    anyone
  3. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No, Apple doesn't cover water damage.
  4. amaan

amaan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    try searching cydia for auto dfu loaders or something.....and y would u have to put it in dfu to put ur ipod on, u would just have to plug it into a power source, r u using a tethered jailbreak or wat?!?!
  5. T3K_sketz

T3K_sketz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i think i use tethered yes.
  6. rafarquhar

rafarquhar New Member

Absolutely not. The worst they can do is not replace it.
    Despite what they want you to think, jailbreaking is not illegal at all.

I don't know, I would just try plugging it into a source of power that isn't your PC, like a wall charger. After about half an hour, try to get to DFU.
  7. amaan

amaan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Y would u use tethered?? Just FYI by tethered I mean u can only switch it on and off when it is connected to the comp
  8. T3K_sketz

T3K_sketz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    at the time i think that was the only way to do it :S. yes i can only turn it back on by going DFU than using 1clickboot. so what should i tell the genius bar people :O. so far i got "i dropped it and it wont turn back on" since i need the sleep button to put in DFU to restore they wont figure it out prolly and hopefully i get a new one?
  9. amaan

amaan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    they most probably will according to me....only if the ipod is recognized by ur comp when u plug it in can u be saved....if its recognized try restoring and then going to the genius bar
  10. T3K_sketz

T3K_sketz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well my computer says that theres a device plugged in but itunes doesnt recgognize. when i plug in and it says theres a device plug in this is the stage where i wud put in DFU mode and 1clickboot than it would be fine. unfourtunatly i have no sleep/wake button. so best bet is genius bar huh?