I need advice

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rye10516, Sep 11, 2009.

1. rye10516

rye10516 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    A friend is offering my $75 for my first gen iPod touch, maybe $100. It's 8gb, few scratches on the back, one minor dent, screen is perfect. I'll give him the box I got it in, USB thing, and that useless stuff in the box and a case. $100 is good deal, right??

Now i'll need a new iPod touch after that transaction. I have $240 saved up. Should I get mr. $199 2g, or $299 3g? Any other difference between 2g and 3g besides speed and headphone with mic?

Anyone have a 2g and 3g, if so... How much faster is the 3g from the 2g??

Should I even sell the 1g? How slow is it compared to the other 2?

Also, when do you think a new model iPod touch will appear? Cause I saw a rumor that they'll stick a camera in the 3g in some apple October event. And I strongly hate when new models one out right after I buy something :/.
  2. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

I'll go for the 3rd Gen. It's got the new processor and GPU of the iPhone 3GS, and has twice the ram of regular iPods (now 256mb)

benchmark tests place the 1G the slowest of all iDevices, particularly in 3D gaming.

IMO it's worth the extra money if you plan on using your iPod often
  3. micro_hard

micro_hard Active Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    I think $100 for 1st gen is pretty good. Considering adding another $99 could get you a brand new 8GB 2nd gen.

If you have the money and it appears you have, go for the 32GB 3rd gen.

Rumor is a rumor, don't get your hopes up too quickly.
  4. theLorax

theLorax Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    $100 is an okay deal for a 1g 8gb touch. thats about what they're going for.

If you got the money, go for the 3g, so you'll have more capacity and better performance.

Nobody knows for sure when the next touch model will come out. Personally I think it wont be until next september. And as far as the camera rumor, its not a big deal. It's the VGA camera from the new nano, which sucks, and cant even take still pictures.

I had a 1g, and it lagged with 3d games and online games. I'm definitely happy to get the 3g.
  5. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What have we learned about rumors? They're bad. Very, very bad.

I'd go for a 3G, if you're going to be playing a bunch of games on it.
  6. rye10516

rye10516 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yea, I don't need a camera anyway, my phone one is amazing

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Speaking of phones... How much is an no contract 3g iPhone going for? I have t-mobile and unlocking it would be nice. Google keeps telling me $599 for it.... But that seems incorrect. 3gs is definitely out of my price range
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    So I don't have a ssteady source of income and get free apps >.>

can 3g get free apps? It's jailbreakable, right?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    So I decided to keep my iPod and get a ps3 slim for $299, funny how they're the same price now lol. My only concern is I'm gonna pay $50 a game now. I could save up $1500 and build an amazing pc and get any game I want free, but then I know I'll overthink things and regret not getting a ps3 cause I. Like overthinking things and getting mad at my self.