I need advice

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by davidmn, Dec 10, 2007.

1. davidmn

davidmn New Member

If i jailbreak my touch, and a new firmware comes out what happens to my ipod? And if it does get bricked what can i do? And what does bricked actually mean?

Dave
  2. opsguy

opsguy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Brick is a term for making it completely inoperable. It does not and never has applied to jailbreaking the Touch but people still use the term. You do not have to worry about bricking your iPod Touch by jailbreaking because it will not happen.

I have done dozens of devices for others and many people here on the forum have done it. If you mess something up the worst that can happen is you have to restore to firmware 1.1.1 and start over which is easy to do anyway.

If you spend a little time reading the posts in the forum you'll find that most of the problems stem from two things. People not taking the time to read instructions, and then rushing through the steps without completely knowing what their doing. Also some get real impatient.

If and when Apple does another update newer than 1.1.2, I am sure that those responsible for all the other jailbreak stuff will come up with new jailbreaks. Until then just enjoy your 1.1.2 jailbroken iPod.

If another firmware update comes along you do not have to update. Set your iTunes so it does not automatically check for an update. And if you press "Check for Update" it does not automatically update. You have to choose to do so.

Just enjoy your jailbroken 1.1.2 iPod and don't sweat all the hype and rumors and you'll be fine.