I need a straight answer pls. Is it worth me upgrading my 2.2.1 touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by therealriley, Aug 15, 2009.

1. therealriley

therealriley New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I keep Reading reports that say things/apps don't work with 3.0? I've got too many probs on mine now so I've got to restore soon. I just wanna get it sorted but is it worth upgrading I'm aware of it's features it's after I jailbreak I'm worried about whether it will work. And what about my paid apps that might not work. I can't see them offering a refund neither! I only used quickpwn last time on my 2g touch. If I use redsnow can I change the bootscreens? Let me know your thoughts.....
  2. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    How could you use QuickPwn for an ipt2g? QuickPwn was abandoned. As for your question, all paid apps will continue to work. However, when it comes to changing bootlogos, this has not been achieved with 3.0 yet. redsn0w is the ONLY tool you should use for jailbreaking your iPod.
  3. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes, it's perfectaly safe.

All my paid applications work, there's no reason why they shouldn't. You could always return to 2.2.1 if you don't like the 3.0 software.

QuickPwn does not work with the 2g, you must use redsn0w.
  4. therealriley

therealriley New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hmm I definatley used a quickpwn or pwnage tool or something to do with them, I had the pineapple on the boot screen first now I have the cross eyed penguin. Many people have said I can't use it and even reports online say I can't but my iPod 2g is proof it has worked using a windows pc too. This has always confused me??? Anyhow I'm gonna read up on this more cos there's the 3.0.1 firmware now but I don't know much about it.
    What's the average time frame for when the jb for 3.0 and the cydia apps to be as compatible as the 2.0 firmware? I've noticed that 3rd party developers are really quick in making things compatible, but if I wait just want a rough timescale on what's a good time to wait LOL
    Ok re-Reading this that may be difficult to answer but do your best please.....
  5. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just use redsn0w. The creators of the QuickPwn and Pwnage tool have already said it lacks 2g support.Ignore firmware 3.0.1. It's only for the iPhone to fix an SMS vulnerability.

How about this, just give Jailbroken 3.0 a try and you decide if you like it. Most Cydia applications should work. If not, return to 2.2.1. Easy as that.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. therealriley

therealriley New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Worth a go then. Cheers for your info, have you got any good links to keep in the know about this stuff? I found stuff but it's outdated really.
    Cheers
  7. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This entire forum?

There's also the creators of redsn0w and other jailbroken programs website here.