I Need a Mic For My iPod Touch G3 That'll Pick Up People Talking Around Me.

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Black Camaro, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Black Camaro

Black Camaro New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi Everybody.

I just bought a brand new iPod Touch, It's suppose to be the newest model that is out which I believe makes it a G3 Model (If I'm Wrong Please Correct Me).

Man these things are Sweet!
    I always see the iPhone commercials on TV but I didnt want to get a whole new phone again, My wife bought me the iPod 160gb Classic for Christmas and then after getting that and doing some research on the iPod Family I found that there was a such thing as the "Touch" Basically an iPhone without the Phone so I invested a bit more money returned the Classic and got myself the 64gb iPod Touch.

I need your help please.
    I'm disabled due to a bad back and neck, I've had 4 back surgeries and 2 back fusions and a neck fusion so i go to see lots of different doctors all the time and after seeing them and getting back home it seems like half the time I have forgotten some of what they have said or suggested to me in their office while i was in there on my visit to them.

So if it's possible I'd like to buy a Mic that I could clip to my shirt or if possible have it part of a earphone set which I've read about people using something like that (Earphone/Mic Combo) to talk to people using Skype, something like that I could just have it lay around my neck so that the Mic is out in the open.

The thing is,... The Mic has to be Powerful enough to Pick up the people that are talking around me like the Doctor or the Nurse or who ever it might be and I'm hoping that someone here has experience in this area, You guys know 99% more about the iPod Touch than I do so I would Really Appreciate it if someone could Recommend or Suggest a Mic for me Please and if you happen to know the direct link to the product,... Hehe,

Please Register or Log in to view images

that would be even better.

Take it easy and Thanks for your help.
    Black Camaro
    A.K.A. Jim
  2. dgxnil

dgxnil Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    lol its 3g, and i was under the impression that the mic that comes with the 32 gb and 64 gb touch were pretty powerefull? maybe in the next firmware update they should add a sensitivity option
  3. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

well, the Klipsch Image S4is can pickup some more since the mic is around the chest area and includes a shirt clip, but i doubt that you'll want to spend $99 on a headset thing

well, you could try the switcheasy thumbtacks or incipio llyod microphone which are both plugged onto the ipod and you could hold it and tell them to speak into it
  4. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    think theres a switcheasy mic, its like a pill you open and its connected to the ipod
  5. Jodene =o)

Jodene =o) Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    My friend has one of these

That seems pretty good.

He got them off our ebay (Trademe) for $18 NZ (which is about $7 US)....

http://www.teamblue.co.nz/info/line/705/ipod-mic-microphone-for-iphone-nano-touch-classic/

Since I don't know where you are, I suppose if you look around for something similar...

*Edit* Something similar on Amazon for $11 - http://www.amazon.com/Microphone-Recorder-Apple-iPhone-Black/dp/B002DOGE3S - Seems to have good ratings.

Sorry pnt.. I think this is similar to what you mean by the pill? Didn't read that till after.
  6. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    ^^ They are a Good choice, My cousin got one from ebay and hes delighted with it he has an Iphone as well and he said when he compared them he couldn't tell which one was which !
  7. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    its alright, but your pills look like the cheap ones, my pill i said is from switcheasy so it got to be better
  8. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

Switcheasy is a thumbtack shape and not pilllike
  9. Black Camaro

Black Camaro New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Boy that's weird.
    I wonder what happened to my post that I posted in here last night, It's gone.

What I was saying about the Klipsch Image S4i is,.. I wouldnt mind paying $100 although I would rather not if i didnt have to but if the Mic is able to pick up the people talking around me in the same room, From what i read about them,.. They sound like a great product though.

Yeah that Mini-Mic and the Switcheasy mic (Thumb Tac Model) seem like really good idea's. I was reading a Review on a Mic that looked like a Pill that it Disabled the On Board Speaker for the Touch and treated it as if it was a set of Earphones which it wasnt because it was Only a Mic so you couldnt listen to your Play back, you had to unplug the Mic in order to listen to the stuff you recorded. I dont know if the Switcheasy mic is the same way or not, I might shoot them an email and see what they say.

I would probably more likely want to get a Mic that was attached to a set of Earphones that way i could just lay the cord around the back of my neck so the mic would be higher up and just keep my Touch in my Pocket instead of having it out in the open.

The reason i want to do this is because I have had the Nurse of my Doctor tell my Doctor that I said something to her and I had never said it, So i want to Record our conversations so the next time this happens I can go back and listen to it to see what was said and bring it to the Doctor attention if need be.

So if i have the Microphone on a set of Earphones it'll look like just a set of normal Earphone, Something i listen to music with and Not a Recording Device.

10. Jodene =o)

Jodene =o) Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    Isn't it a bit sketchy legal-wise to record people without their permission?

I suppose if it's just for your use, and not being used in a court which would consider it an illegal recording.....

Musing to myself