I need a few things and need to know a few things!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by HeavyComponent, Apr 1, 2009.

1. HeavyComponent

HeavyComponent Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    First off, I want to change my boot logo. I have Quickfreedom on my computer.

What I need to know...

I know I have to go through the process of having it pre-jailbreak right? DFU mode and all that ok fine. NOW if I do a restore it will remove everything. How do I keep ALL my stuff and just have the boot logo changed?

I saw something about NOR.ispw restore and their was no explination to it. I have no idea what that is. What is that and what does it do?

LogoMe doesn't work so I removed it off my iPod Touch.

I've been searching everywhere for answers to my questions and I can't find anything. So can some one kindly post step by step or a link to clear instructions on how to do this. REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!

By the way, do you need to have a jailbroken iPhone/Touch to have Cydia? If not where do you get Cydia without having it jailbroken? One another question I've meant to ask is...what is the difference of a jailbroken iPhone/Touch and not? Does jailbroken mean to customize your iPhone/Touch? I'm new to all of this and it's very confusing! But I'm starting to get the hang of a few stuff. I just want to master all this and be able to help out instead of asking for help.

Another thing, since installer is useless can I remove it?

Thanks a lot guys! This site rocks!
  2. RainbowKT

RainbowKT New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    u need to be jailbroken to have cydia and use redtool to jailbreak much better
  3. HeavyComponent

HeavyComponent Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Ok cool that clears up 1 question and yeah I used Quickfreedom to jailbreak. Thanks for the relpy on that!!!
  4. RainbowKT

RainbowKT New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    if u wanna diff boot logo u can use redtool to flash the nor
  5. HeavyComponent

HeavyComponent Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I have redtool, but I don't know how to flash the nor or even to change the logo. I'm clueless.
  6. RainbowKT

RainbowKT New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    got up to extras go to logo manager find the pic u want than clik out of logo manager there ya go
  7. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Flashing the NOR is basically the same thing as restoring to a jailbroken firmware. All you will have to do is SHIFT+click on itunes and select it. The NOR file is only around 30mb and as such will NOT erase anything that was previously on your ipod if you do decided to restore from it.
  8. HeavyComponent

HeavyComponent Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It says something about locate 2.2.1 IPSW...what is that and how do I get that?
  9. Ohfoohy

Ohfoohy Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    In RedTool, The start screen, check the NOR only and click 'start jailbreak'. Select what you like, click logo manager, Import you boot/recovery logos, click set. Go back and create the FW. Then once done it should take you to next step, follow the instructions from program.
  10. HeavyComponent

HeavyComponent Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Creating this FW is the NOR that I will restore from in iTunes?