I need a better calendar app.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bjornkeizers, Jul 8, 2010.

1. bjornkeizers

bjornkeizers New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Hey guys,

I need some suggestions for a better calendar app. The built-in stuff just won't do for my needs, nor is there a ToDo app that fits my specific usage.

Here's my scenario:

I work at a local radio news station. I want to be able to fit our entire programming in there, and add notes and alarms on specific dates.

Here's what I need:

- Ability to program daily events for an indefinite period on *specific weekdays*. For example, show X runs every monday through friday between 6 and 9. The built in calendar only allows 'daily' and 'weekly'. Doesn't work for me.

- Ability to add color to programmed events. I want to be able to see the difference between event X and Y at a glance. We do a lot of horizontal programming, which works best with bright colors...

- Ability to add notes to specific events (just like the built in calendar) or add notes to a block of events. I.e. attach this note to every event for program X between this and this date. I'm thinking this would work for a specific 'category' of events that I could program.

- I also want the ability to see these added notes. Like: add a little exclamation mark or tick whenever there is a note attached. Don't want to have to tap it to see if there's a note...

I would prefer some decent alarm options as well, maybe even the ability to mail events to contacts. Don't need it to sync to anything specific, but would be nice if it did.

Basically, the most important thing is the ability to schedule on specific days and customize the display of these items. The rest I can probably figure out.

Obviously, I'd like this to be a native iPad app, but I doubt there's one that suits my needs at the moment.