I need 10.6 Snow Leopard to install Iphone SDK?

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by idk761, Jun 12, 2010.

1. idk761

idk761 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I need 10.6 Snow Leopard to install Iphone SDK?.

I have a macbook pro on version 10.5.8, I have bought the SDK and now ready, but it told me I need 10.6.2, does that mean I have to buy that new OS also...
    2.53 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

At least if I do need to buy it, it is only $30 for me. But still, I honestly don't see much improvement in the new OS.
  2. FluffyofDoom

FluffyofDoom Member

im in the same boat.....just hackintoshed my hp but i did it with 10.5.8

i dont know if im gonna go to sl........maybe
  3. omokas

omokas Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    The SDK and xCode are both free. Where did you bought them ?

Except if you enrolled with a developer's program which is 99$/year.
  4. Freerunnering

Freerunnering Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  5. picklejw

picklejw Member

Device:
    iPad
    I FIGURED IT OUT!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

.... ok mind you i was on the developer release of Snow Leopard so if you are on Leopard then idk how this will work :-/... heres what i did... you must be logged in as root for permissions perposes... goto "/System/Library/CoreServices" then open "SystemVersion.plist" edit the text to the Snow Leopard 10.6 (if not already done like for me) then change the productbuildversion to 10A432, this is only 10.6... what I did was save this then use native apple software update, so now im on 10.6.4 for real, not faked plist edit. You can try just going to 10.6.2... but im not sure if it will work... good luck!!!
  6. abricoz

abricoz New Member

Joe,
    What you mention there is correct, we can make OSX believe it's 10.6.4 so it may install iOS 4.0 with the latest version of XCode. It installed perfectly over here (whilst actually being on OSX 10.5.4)... however, I'm unable to run XCOde.

The MAC says that I can't run it on this version of MAC OS X.

Any thought? I only want to compile a version of remail... don't want to pay $99 for this one app nor do I want to upgrade a MAC that's not from me (borrowed it from a friend).

The biggest pain is that I have iPhone FW 4.0.2 on the iPhone 3GS (I downgraded it to 4.0 but that seems to be the limit, right?)

Any ideas?!? Happy to try it all ;-)

7. Freerunnering

Freerunnering Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You can develop for a device on 4.0 with the 3.1.3 SDK just not use 4.0 features like multitasking.
    The 3.1.3 SDK is the most up to date SDK running on 10.5

Here's the link to 3.1.3 SDK for leopard.
    It's the official apple link just apple hides it away and only display the latest links (in an easy to find spot) which are only for snow leopard.

Login to the iphone developer section first then go to this link,
    http://adcdownload.apple.com/iphone..._3.1.3_with_xcode_3.1.4__leopard__9m2809a.dmg
  8. picklejw

picklejw Member

Device:
    iPad
    Try using the apple update software, if you edited the file to the current version, then edit it the the next OS update version down so you can download the apple snow leopard.
  9. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Unfortunately you do to download the iOS 4.0 SDK (Or at least it would be a good idea if you're trying to get around it). But like said before, if you download the 3.x.x you can use 10.5. I'm using Virtual Box on my Toshiba right now and was looking for what version I should have. Thanks for the answer (10.6.2; I'm on that, yippie!

). Anyways, 10.6 does offer some enhancements (These are the behind the counter unseen ones; NOT visual/GUI) and in it's own way is worth 30 bucks.
  10. abricoz

abricoz New Member

It's saying that there's no new update available for this OS. (I'm running on 10.5.4 and the MAC thinks he is 10.6)... I'm installing XCODE 3.1.4 now in the hope we can start developing for the iphone 3GS with iOS 4.0