I navigated my iPod Touch to the jailbreak site, now it don't work!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Lucas2840, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Lucas2840

Lucas2840 New Member

Hopefully someone can help me out here! I'm just slightly freaking out at the moment! I navigated to the Toc2rta.com website and after doing so, Safari quit, which I expected. What I didn't expect was for my Touch to become unrecognizable by iTunes, and to have all my files disappear on my Touch! I tried to restore it via iTunes and these are the screen shots of what I got:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2107/1536340265_375fcfebc1.jpg

After pushing okay and waiting for the Touch to restore, I got this:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2370/1536340377_9ef68cc801_o.png

And looking at the settings menu on the Touch, I get these weird numbers with the memory:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2208/1536340481_aa84a6abf8_o.jpg

Does anyone know what's going on here? I also tried erasing everything from the Touch itself and I still get these errors! I'm starting to feel like I'm out of options and I just turned my iPod Touch into nothing more than a web browser. HELP!
  2. bklynsoulja

bklynsoulja New Member

restart Yue comp replug Your device n redo the format
  3. cowboyshootist

cowboyshootist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I believe this is expected behaivor. Go back to the Jailbreak site and read the information again. It is known that iTunes will no longer work once the Touch is broken.

If you want to get your Touch back you need to do the restore which entails holding the Hold and Home buttons until the unit reboots. You should search this site or google for the exact instructions on how to do this.

I think the lesson learned here is that unless you are willing to obliterate your Touch it is best to wait a couple of days (or weeks) before rushing into these things.

Good luck.
  4. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah you should wait till other people have messed with their touches before you jailbreak yours.
  5. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

that is not from jailbreak. my first ipod did this a few days after i updated the firmware to 1.1.1. i got that same error you did.i returned it got another one and id does the same thing. i downgraded the firmware for this one and i will see if it does the same thing. if you want to get it to work reset all the settings on the ipod then plug it back in and restore it.
  6. Lucas2840

Lucas2840 New Member

Well, I tried the hold the 'home' button and 'hold' button down thing to reset it, but that didn't seem to work. I guess I'll try downgrading the firmware next. How exactly do you do that though?
  7. picaso

picaso New Member

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1472 the restore method is there... and if you are asking how to revert to old firmware then please, with all due respect never try a hack on the first day without getting fall back tutorials or details.
  8. Lucas2840

Lucas2840 New Member

Oh thank God! That seems to have worked! I'll have to re-sync all my music and re-do all my Safari bookmarks, but at least its not ruined! Thanks a lot for all your guy's help. Lesson learned, looks like jailbreaking my iPod Touch is not for me, I'll leave that to the people who know what the hell they're doing!
  9. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

once again it had nothing to do with jailbreak. i had the same problem and i have never done anything with jailbreak. i guarantee it will do it again in a few days.