I messed up bad... Please help!!!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by calveen, Oct 12, 2007.

1. calveen

calveen New Member

Ok, so here is my story. I was never able to get past the putty part of the jailbreak because of the "Connection refused" error and so I reset the iPod completely. Then it would not get past the patching flash image thing, so i reset it a few times, and finally decided to reset and not try the jailbreak. So i did this by goign through the settings on the iPod touch and going to erase all data and information and revert back to factory defaults. I did this and know all it shows is the usb connectin thing with an arrow pointing to itunes on the touch. it is the very first screen you see when turning on the touch for the first time ever. so i plugged it into the computer, and it is not recognized by itunes at all. so i reinstalled itunes, and still nothing. after about 10 minutes or so the touch just shuts off, and i reboot and the same thing happens. no recognition by the computer, and i cant do anything on the touch intself except turn it on and off. any suggestions or help advice?
  2. eco21

eco21 New Member

its fine, you can easily fix this

you need to hold down the power button and home button the ipod will start to restart - but - you want to let go of the home button, whilst still holding onto the power button, this will then ask you to plug it into itunes which you can then restore from, no problem
  3. metalviperx

metalviperx New Member

well i have the same problem and i have tried what you said but it does not fix it it

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Desertd

Desertd New Member

i have the same problem when i plug in my itouch into the comp itunes says missing file to set up iphone it says to reinstall it so i do and still does not work
  5. ianoreo

ianoreo Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I know this sounds foolish but try again. It's pretty simple to messup if youdo it just slightly wrong.