i made an uhoh! (downgrade and jailbreak help needed for 3g in OS 4.0)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by NYRangers89, Jul 31, 2010.

1. NYRangers89

NYRangers89 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have a 64gb Ipod Touch 3G. Originally I had 3.1.1 firmware on my ipod and had a friend jailbreak it for me using blackra1n. I know that when the battery dies on the ipod touch that the tethering for the ipod will force a restore. Today i had to go out for a couple hours away from a charge and my ipod touch died forcing the restore. When i got home tonight i plugged my ipod touch back in and the ipod restored to firmware 4.0. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to jailbreak the ipod in firmware for 4.0. I have tried several methods to downgrade back to firmware 3.1.2 or 3.1.1 and have come into several error messages in the process. PLEASE PLEASE can someone help with a step by step process to be able to have my ipod how it was?

i have no blobs saved because i didnt know about them until my research tonight. i have installs for both itunes 8.2.1 and 9.2.1. i have firmware files for 4.0, 3.1.1 and 3.1.2. my ipod model is MC01LL. Let me know if you need more information etc.
  2. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You are not able to Jailbreak untethered a iPod Touch 3G with 4.0 - You shouldn't have restored, you should have just downloaded blackra1n, plugged your device in, and clicked on "make it ra1n" and then your iPod would have booted normal.
  3. ShitSauce

ShitSauce Banned

thats wht i had 2 do

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. NYRangers89

NYRangers89 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    so im pretty much stuck until someone devs up a exploit for it? damn i wish i had known that it was that easy to do to boot it normally. Thanks for the conformation guys!