I made a (very) stupid mistake, and need help.

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by IceRayn, Mar 14, 2009.

1. IceRayn

IceRayn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    While playing with my iPT2G on iPhoneBrowser, I modified the fring.app (VoIP) to be named Phone.App, and to have the phone icon, the phone icon worked, but after changing it to Phone.app, it disappeared from the screen. I changed it back, and resprung, and it still was gone. I tried deleting the file from MobileFinder, and it still was invisible, but taking space on my home screen. No apps can be placed there, and the delete button isn't there. If you know how to help, please do.

Thank You,
    IceRayn
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Never mind, I fixed it. So, for the people who had the same problem, and Google searched it like I did, here is what worked for me.

Well, I got it working, but I want it to say Phone again, but don't want to screw it up again. Would someone happen to be able to name it Phone.app and give it the icon? If you'd help, I'd be very greatful.

I simply deleted the folder within /User/Applications that was titled 01 something, and contained a folder Fring.app. Then I went to the app store, and redownloaded, I hope this causes no problems later on, but I'll post if it does.

IceRayn
  2. xtasy

xtasy Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You can get an app from cydia that renames other apps
  3. Jaczob

Jaczob New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I've done this a few times. I had to re-jailbreak, but it wasn't such a big deal since I didn't have much stuff on my iPod and it was the tethered jailbreak. It would be great if we can rename it. I've tried Rename from Cydia if that's what you're talking about xtasy, but it does the same thing. Any ideas?