I LOVE my Jailbroken iTouch, but...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Mshort84, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Mshort84

Mshort84 New Member

My beloved little gadget has started acting up recently.

Now whenever I want to listen to music, some songs (ones that were purchased on iTunes from my husband's Macbook then burned to a CD and transferred to my Powerbook then synched to my iTouch....WHEW!) simply won't play. At all. The play icon shows up on the upper righthand corner and when I touch the Now Playing tab, it says that the song is "playing" but the song minute counter doesn't move and no sound comes out.

I have no clue what the problem is.
    Any ideas???

An important point - the friend of mine who hacked it for me uses a PC. I use a Mac so all my iTouch had been exposed to prior to the hacking session was a Mac. Could this be the reason or have any of you experienced this problem???

Please help!
    I don't want to undo all of the coolness on my iTouch!
  2. pierrechn

pierrechn New Member

yea i dont know but that seems like that could be a problem go to his house an extract all the zips he synced to your touch to your flashdrive and have him re do it from your mac hopes this helps btw i dont have a touch am getting one this weekend from apple store in NorthPark
  3. Carnage

Carnage Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Songs from Itunes have drm unless you pai $1.99 for the song. You cant share the song.
  4. matt1288

matt1288 New Member

^ if that isn't the case, I use to have this problem on my nano, just restore your ipod and it should work. ^
  5. Faktor4

Faktor4 Active Member

This happened to my old nano.

Mine would just skip through all the songs.

You have to restore your ipod
  6. pap3rmate

pap3rmate New Member

In my opinion, this isn't the problem at all. I had this happen several times to me, all on songs that were not purchased on iTunes or DRM protected. You go to play the song and it says its playing but stays on 0:00 when you look at the progress bar. I was able to fix the songs using several different methods, I'll list them so you can choose whichever you like or try multiple methods if one doesn't work.

Method 1:
    Sometimes songs can pick up anomalies while being transfered to my Touch. Most of the time it'll just be some weird noises in the songs that I'll hear when playing on my Touch that aren't present when played on my computer. All I had to do to fix this was uncheck the song in iTunes so it deleted it from my Touch then check it so it re-syncs it. This might work for the song not playing issue, if it does then this is a quick fix.

Method 2 (this is more likely to work):
    For all my songs that didn't play, even though the Touch said they were playing and remained at 0:00, I had to do the following: First, uncheck the songs that won't play in iTunes and sync so it deletes them from your Touch (granted you have the box check that says sync only checked items). Next, right click on the songs in iTunes and select "Convert Selection to". I don't think it matters what you convert the songs to, but just in case, I converted songs that didn't work to the MP3 file format. So anyways, iTunes should now convert the songs, getting rid of any corruption in the original files. You can then delete the original files (the ones that remain selected) and check all the songs again and sync to the Touch. Now all the songs should play normally. If not, you can try converting to other file types, but if it doesn't work with one file format it probably won't make a difference trying others.

The reason this works is because for some reason the original files have some kind of corruption that prevents the Touch from playing them, even though iTunes can play them just fine. Converting the songs in iTunes usually eliminates any corruption and guarantees that the songs are iPod compatible.
  7. faithn0m0re

faithn0m0re Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Have you tried authorising your computer?
    Maybe the songs arnt authorsied.
    So they wont play? just a guess.
  8. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Did you try spelling iTouch properly? "iPod Touch"
  9. pap3rmate

pap3rmate New Member

If she can play the songs in iTunes and they don't play on the Touch then it isn't a DRM issue, it's the issue I talked about previously and will most likely be solved by 'Method 2'
  10. HackerAlert

HackerAlert New Member

This happened to me once, on my iPod video. But that was because I accidently removed the USB plug during a transfer, so all the songs would not play.