I love IpodtouchFans...

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by TheAppleTree, Mar 14, 2008.

1. TheAppleTree

TheAppleTree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I would just like to say that I have a huge appreciation for this site... and specifically the theming community here. Sure, we might rough each other up from time to time... but all in all I'd say we're a pretty accepting group. I recently wandered over to MacThemes to check out their forums... and at first I was really impressed by the quality of the themes (I still am... and you should definitely check it out sometime). Then I realized there were only a couple of individuals who were posting there. I noticed our very own Bob Vansteel merely mentioned his Vista Maximus theme, and practically everyone there looked down their noses at him.

I think it's fantastic that we have so many active themers - and everyone's getting better all the time. I love the diversity of the ideas represented here. While I'm sure there are many here who are die-hard Mac lovers... and who may very well hate Bill Gates with every ounce of their being... they generally manage to shut up and not be giant douches about it. I think we share a mutual respect for the amount of talent, time, and love that goes into a theme.

And for that, I applaud us

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

I got a lot of links form this place when I first figured out how to remove the Dock reflection from 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 (and conversely, add it to the iPhone). I honestly haven't heard anything much from them since then.

And the result of my curiousity: http://macthemes2.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16784807
  3. hockeypanda32

hockeypanda32 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes, this site is great, thanks for link!

Louie Mantia is on there, he makes great themes
  4. Crypt

Crypt Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    wow that macthemes forum and the people on it make me laugh.

i mean i don't enjoy (any) vista themes but damn

also the above post made me chuckle a bit

anyway. i agree, this (sectionofthe) forum is great, tons o' different themes and ideas and lots of creative stuff goin' on in here

yes rachael ray, i did know that wolves eat berries in the wild. gosh you're annoying

edit: also, i have vista and i see nothing wrong with it. and i'm no fan of microsoft/windows/etc. just throwin' that out there
  5. thesmidge

thesmidge New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I think Gates is a great man, charity-wise. I just really dislike Microsoft products. It's probably because I have grown up with only macs in all their simplicity. What Apple really aims for is a user friendly environment as well as reliability. The great the about MS is that they are cheap and are great for businesses. They have a substantial-enough OS (I think) and many companies can afford them in mass quantities than they can Macs. Anyways, you are a very respected member of these forums because of your amazing work.
    1 person likes this.
  6. TheAppleTree

Device:
    iPhone
    lmao... I was watching that just now... weird
  7. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

You can also chalk me up as a big fan of yours as well, AppleTree. I checked out your other art, and I dig it.
  8. romeboards

romeboards Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    hehe, i just joined there today. the quality of their theme was just too much for me to ignore, especially as an "agua" devotee..
  9. TheAppleTree

Device:
    iPhone
    Oh yeah... out of their themes I've got Agua, Stickers, and Buuf - I love all three

Also - thanks so much thesmidge & Skylar - very kind words

10. super51fan

super51fan Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    those theme are great
    you guys will love VM4 im part of the team now and it looks amazing