I Love 1.1.3

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by kOrNwHeAt, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kOrNwHeAt

kOrNwHeAt Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    OK I'm prob just repeating what other people have said, but I don't care, I want to express my opinion about this new firmware.
    I <big>love</big> it! My iTouch is running so much faster now, and it hasn't crashed or frozen at all. It used to freeze for a few seconds, but now its super fast. And the software upgrade that you have to pay for, in my opinion, is worth it. I love that you can make icons linked to pages you visit all the time, and take snapshots of the page for the icon. And there is really no need for Customize anymore since you can now move the icons around, in an easier way than you could with Customize. And google maps is great too, and the weather app is actually working for me now, before this upgrade came out I couldn't get it to display the cities I actually wanted it to display, and I tried everything.
    The only problem I have with this software upgrade is that, other than taking a custom snapshot of the webpage and naming the icon, you can't do anything else with the customizable icons. I have pics that I found online that I would rather take a snapshot of for an icon of a different page. It would be great if you could edit the address that the icon links to. I don't know if this is possible, but if it isn't a feature yet, it should be implemented.
    lol well thats it. Sorry for the rambling, I just wanted to put in my 2 cents. lol
  2. idolpunk

idolpunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I love pie

pie=JB>cake>1.1.3
  3. JustoHermano

JustoHermano New Member

customize was never intended for reordering icons the maker just decided to put it in. It was intended to change aspects of your ipod like the sliders and springboard strings
  4. Nawaaz91

Nawaaz91 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    psshh I'm still keeping a 1.1.2 jailbroken touch because-

1.1.3 has only 5 upgrades for $20, where a jailbroken 1.1.2 or 1.1.1 has hundreds of apps that function the same (maps, mail, weather, wtc.) and more apps to utilize the capabilities of your touch.
    It's more custom fit to your tastes, 1.1.3 is just a bare-bones upgrade in terms of how much the iPod touch can do

weDict, gpSPhone, Apollo IM, Converter, and almost anything else you can think of is on installer. 1.1.3 has no installer.

We can all sacrifice speed for a little while on the touch, but as of right now, 1.1.2 JB>>>>>>>>>>>>1.1.3 update with apps pack

There's no comparison. I'm only gonna get 1.1.3 after the process has been shortened (and released) AND when the SDK comes out.

Seriously, you can love 1.1.3 all you want, but it's outrageously a rip-off right now in comparison to all the things you get with a jailbroken iPod touch.
  5. FrankDaTank089

FrankDaTank089 New Member

no need for customize? well inform me if i am wrong, but with 1.1.3 can you change the background, the icon images, and how many icons you have in the dock? Can you change your slider and what the "slide to unlock" says? Can you change your battery charger, your wifi bars, and your battery header? I can go on with this for days.

That was a foolish comment on your part.
  6. spaided

spaided New Member

1.1.3...Nah....

1.1.1.... I love it, i don't see then need to "upgrade"..Unjailbreak... Not gonna happen unless someone magically discovers some HUGE benefit for me to give up all my apps!
  7. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    75% of my usage is with the ebook reader at work. If apple will implement that, I would consider upgrading. If that's never implemented, I will never upgrade. There is so much potential for the capabilities of the Touch. While Apple may or may not bring out apps with the sdk, the develepors will be thrown my support. If I knew who made the books app, I would send him a gift.
  8. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

1.1.2 Jailbreak > 1.1.3, ANYDAY.
  9. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

I agree, I will not upgrade my 1.1.1. ipod.

I disagree with the guy who made the thread, If I had to use 1.1.3. I would sell my ipod, because with out it being jailbroken it isn't worth it
  10. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

plg6067, what does the 1.1.1 firmware have that the 1.1.2 firmware cannot do? This is a serious question because I have no idea...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.