I lost my Password on my iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by damalujordan, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. damalujordan

damalujordan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I haven't used my iTouch in about 2 months and I can't remember the password. I also reformatted my computer so I don't have iTunes anymore. I redownloaded it hoping that it would help me get my password but it won't do anything. What can I do to access my iTouch? I don't mind deleting all the files on it. I have the files saved onto an external hard drive. I heard of something called Reset or Recover or Restore or something along those lines. I'm just not exactly sure how to do it. Can someone explain?
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Liar. You stole the iPod Touch. Its pretty obvious.
  3. willdacracka

willdacracka Member

Device:
    iPhone
    lol
    busted!
  4. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yeah, the fact that you just joined doesn't give you much credibility... I feel sorry for you if you didn't steal it, but I'm not going to help when it smells this fishy....If it is yours then maybe you'll have the determination to look until you find a solution. I doubt anyone here will help you.
  5. drkassassin

drkassassin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    nice job helping him guys
    turn off your ipod by holding the power switch then sliding to power off
    while holding the home button plug it into your computer..
    keep holding the home button until itunes recognizes the ipod in recovery mode
  6. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Helping a blatant thief? No thanks.

Also, if you didn't notice:

7. cainy

cainy New Member

you wouldnt forget a 4 digit passcode, just like you wouldnt forget the pin number to your bank, also "I heard of something called Reset or Recover or Restore or something along those lines." if you had ever owned an ipod for ANY ammount of time then those modes would be pretty obvious

dont come here asking for tips on how to unlock stolen items, you wont get much help
  8. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You'll want to place the iPod touch into DFU Mode, by following one of these three steps:

(ZiPhone and iLiberty+ are programs that can be downloaded for free.)

1. Hold down Sleep/Wake button and Home button together, until the iPod touch powers off. Once the iPod touch turns on again, let go of the Sleep/Wake button about 1 or 2 seconds later, still holding the Home button. Once plugged in to your computer, iTunes will recognize the device is in Recovery Mode. You can now restore which will set the iPod touch back to factory defaults, thus removing the passcode.

2. Open up iLiberty+ and other the Other Tools tab select Enter DFU Mode. Your iPod touch will be recognized as in Recovery Mode by iTunes once you plug it in, at which point you can restore through iTunes. This will wipe the passcode as you're setting the device back to factory defaults.

3. Open up ZiPhone and select Prepare for Upgrade. You're iPod touch needs to be plugged in to your computer before doing so, and once you select that option iTunes will recognize that your device is in recovery mode. You can now restore through iTunes which sets the device back to factory default thus removing the passcode.
  9. Dash9944

Dash9944 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    omg dude wtf are u doing?
    this is the most obvious thread of some guy trying to unlock his stoledn itouch
    would u help this guy if he stole YOUR itouch !??!
    i could leave my itouch off for 30 years and would remember the 4 digit code
    and only retards would delete itunes -_-
    guys, dont help him
  10. atomicmufin

atomicmufin Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    hahahahah suck it man,
    i know how to turn off the passcode without knowing itt!!

:DD
    mabye if you beg...
    nah i still wont tell you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.