i lost my original january software update

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by high_life111, May 28, 2008.

1. high_life111

high_life111 New Member

i reinstalled windows and restored my ipod from its options (where it said to delete all the data and the content of my ipod) and now i cant download the software update although in my store purchase it shows that i bought it. i done some research and i found that before reinstalling my os i should have backed up my january software update located somewhere in c:\users etc does anyone know where i can download the file the original file not a cracked one, please someone give me a link because i cant contact apple i already asked them to reenable me to download my purchases, thank you
  2. Ollie

Ollie New Member

I believe that when you jailbreak your Touch, you automatically get the January S.U.
    And you need to know that when you depress the shift key, you get them big ol' letters that start each sentence. Try it, you'll like it!
  3. erinerupt07

erinerupt07 Banned

Yea just jailbreak it and you get them for free.No worries

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. high_life111

high_life111 New Member

i want to be on the safe side and legal side, thats why i dont want to jailbreak
  5. erinerupt07

erinerupt07 Banned

and you already called?? well I wish i knew the answe to this. but unfortunately i dont. someone will come on this thread and know wat to do..lol

6. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah the same thing happened to me, but i already have my ipod jailbroken, so it was useless to buy it, oh well
  7. mac-mini

mac-mini New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    email the itunes support and they MIGHT let you redownload it.

They let me redownload everything when i accidently forgot to backup all my music and told me it was a one time thing and that i should backup the music once i get it.
  8. high_life111

high_life111 New Member

this would be the 3rd time id ask apple about this, i kinda install and reinstall windows 2 many times and i dont want them to close my account because its kinda suspicious 3 times?...they will let you redownload more then once but how many times i dont know
  9. cgreene85

cgreene85 New Member

yeah actually this same thing just happened to me and i really don't know what to do because i am not going to buy them again
  10. ash09

ash09 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This happened to me.
    I went into iTunes>iTunes Store, clicked on my username, and went into my receipts for purchases I had made.

When I found the January Software Upgrade, I clicked the "Report a Problem" button next to it, and told them what happened.

Since they'll see you purchased it, they'll put it back into your downloads. Then go to iTunes>Store>Check for Purchases and it should automatically start downloading!

Let me know if you have any problems using this method