i lost my music

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pantherzfinest, Jan 25, 2008.

1. pantherzfinest

pantherzfinest New Member

help!

i was on my touch today. i touched the music icon, and it showed a blank list, just like when you first get a ipod.i have mobile finder and i tried to find teh music. i saw a folder, ~/Media/iTunes_Control/Music, that had a bunch of .mp3 files.i upgraded my installer before the music 'disappeared' and the last thing i downloaded was '300MBfix' from sendowski.de.

i opend iTunes to see if my music was showing up. itunes restored my playlist, but i still don't see anything. i hope i don't have to re-sync the files. when i click on teh device name, it shows only how much space i have as 'other' and the free space.

hopefuly i don't have to start from scratch. help would be appericated!
    thanks
  2. denoipod

denoipod New Member

I would not doubt that your hacking the 300 meg limit for apps download is the cause. They tell ya to do it at your own risk, thats sorta telling ya its not safe right there. I chose to move my themes to a different folder rather then risk changing the partition. I wish someone would write a partition app that is trusted.
  3. pantherzfinest

so I guess its best to either re-jailbreak or wait ffor 1.1.3 to come out then, huh?
  4. pantherzfinest

another question, on the, where does the folder that holds the music supposed to be? right now its at, '~/var/root/Media_sym?iTunes_Control/Music' there are 13 folders that all start wit the letter F (F01 - F13). i was thinking it was moved because the same thing happened to my roms for teh gpSPhone.
  5. leocezon

leocezon New Member

Same happened in my Iphone when I tried to install 300MBFix. All my media files (MP3, photos, PDF, NES ROMs, etc) were gone.I do music and photo sync again in my Iphone. Also using WinSCP, I investigate my phone directories. I found out two media directory in my iphone /var/root/ ... "Media" and "Media_sym". All my media files are installed in Media_sym. I dnt know if 300MBFix created the new Media folder or it was created when i do a music/photo sync. 300MBFix rename the original Media folder to Media_sym (and maybe created a new Media folder.)

I deleted the Media Folder (where my latest photo/music were installed in my latest sync) Then I rename Media_sym to "Media". All my old media files were restored. I used WinSCP. I havent tried but maybe you can rename and delete using mobile finder. I already uninstall this app. I also save more space since my Music and Photo files were duplicated.
  6. XDaveD13X

XDaveD13X New Member

Hey i am having the same problem all my music and video is gone and in itunes it just said other, so i SSHed into my ipod and delted all the files under /var/mobile/iTunes_Control/ to try to get rid of the other and it worked except now i cannot sync into itunes,my ipod does not show up in it, can any1 help?

btw-this happened after restroing to 1.1.1, then goin to 1.1.2, then ending in JB 1.1.3

there is also no /iTunes_Control/ file in my /var/root/Media/ folder (if that means anything)
  7. Victacher

Victacher New Member

8. thisisdoom

thisisdoom New Member

Hi. same thing happen to my yesterday, I decided to reinstall everything. I think this is happening more often. The only reason i have is that maybe im using two computers (desktop and laptop) both are running different itunes version (7.5, 7.6) or maybe i messed too much with WinSCP. Anyways i hope this doesnt happen again , otherwise im gonna have to go legit and pay for my application
  9. joris182

joris182 New Member

bump but i had this yesterday i had 4 gb of 'lost' space but today i sync with itunes and i got my 4gb back yay

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. jcbarman

jcbarman New Member

get your music back easy

I have this problem right now but i manage to get my music back.
    1. Download CUTEftp (is a software that connects you pc with your ipod and you can see al archives and others stuff.) I`m not going to teach you how it works but you can find tutorials on how to use it on google or here on the forums, specialy whe trying to put roms on the ipod).
    2. got to the itunes_controls (or something like that) on your media folder (of the ipod of course) you will see 13 folders with an "F" as a starting name. Theres your music. Don`t worry about the file name.
    3. Select every mp3 file that you can find in there and download to a folder on your desktop or where ever you what to put it.
    4. make sure that every file is working, the delete the files from the ipod. making sure you only delete the mp3 files.
    5. add all the mp3s to itunes on you pc the sync your ipod. and thats it.

I`m doing it right now and so far is working.
    Ps Be carfull because in every "f" folder the mp3s are name equally Ex, in "f00" there a file name aaei.mp3 and in "f01" theres a file with the same name