i know this gonna sound bad, but whats ssH?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by CodyBlues, Jul 31, 2008.

1. CodyBlues

CodyBlues New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i'd like to know because i just jailbroke my ipod touch and i already have some nes roms and WinSCP...but i still have no idea what to do.

i searched but i found no results. can anybody help me?
  2. skaman34

skaman34 New Member

ok you must have WiFi in your house, if so, go to your ipod, and connect to your wireless router, then click the blue arrow next to the name of your connection, then launch WinSCP, and type in the IP address that is displayed on your ipod, under password, type in alpine, and click the ok/connect button, it should say Searching for Host, and then this dialogue box will pop up asking if the hash is ok, then click ok, and it will say Connecting to Host, and then a whole bunch of fast stuff, and then your in

and BTW the Roms go in /privat/var/mobile/Media/ROMs/NES (you may have to create that, and im assuming you're on 2.0)
  3. ricardofelix95

ricardofelix95 Banned

SSH is secure fille transfer betwen to machines, search on google for tutorials
  4. potroast32

potroast32 Banned

Yes ssh is file transfer between two devices. And I like to use CuteFTP Pro instead of Winscp but thats just me. And like skaman said Roms go in /privat/var/mobile/Media/ROMs/NES You will probaly have to create the ROMs and NES folders.Make sure letter that are capatalized are capatlized and ones that aren't, aren't
  5. Kevdanclay

Kevdanclay Banned

it dosent sound bad... you didnt talk yet

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. b1j4nt

b1j4nt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ssh basicly lets you see all the files on your ipod from your pc using winscp.

If you want nes roms just find the source to add to installer on youtube. Then you can download them straight from installer without having to use a pc. so on youtube search something like "nes roms ipod touch source" something like that.
  7. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Don't Use WINSCP Use iPhone Browser You DON'T Need a Password OR Wi-Fi. SSH Let's you Access the files of your iPhod. Yes That did Sound Bad

8. stevenplanet

stevenplanet Banned

9. CodyBlues

CodyBlues New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thanks guys.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok, i'm trying to type in alpine as the password but it's not working for some reason