I know, I'm and idiot, please help.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by slomifier, Jan 1, 2008.

1. slomifier

slomifier New Member

Jan 1, 2008

1. Is there a way to search through the files on a ipod touch? (Like ctrl+f on windows)

2. Me, being the idiot that I am, decided to play around with things that I don't understand. I went into a SSH file, and deleted a character off the end of the file, just to see what would happen. Now, WinSCP wont work, and I cant find the file using iBrickr.

3. Whenever I try to restore my Ipod, a error comes up that says something like "An unknown error has occured, your Ipod could not be restored".

Is there a way for me to find/replace/fix the SSH file so I can use WinSCP again?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Sort of. There is a shell (zsh) command called "find" that you can use from within a terminal window (Term-vt100 on the IPT or through a terminal window in WinSCP). Use: find . -name "*partialname*" to search for "partialname" starting from the current directory. The asterisks around "partialname" tell it to look for anything with "partialname" in the filename. For example, find . -name "*calc*" will search for any file with the partial word "calc" in it starting from the current directory. Or, find / -name "default*" will search for any file that starts with "default" in the name starting from the root.

See the above point to do a partial search on the filename.