i know how to restore, and it's not working. I've searched.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by Jimi.Heffernan, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Jimi.Heffernan

Jimi.Heffernan New Member

hey there,

i was following rupert gee's instructions on his site for jailbreaking 113 and messed up a part, giving me the keyboard freezing problem. Now, no matter what i do, i cannot get iTunes to see my iPod Touch. I've put it into DFU mode plugged in, i've done it not plugged in, i've done it while plugging it in, i've downgraded itunes, i've upgraded itunes, i've done everything every search i've done has shown to do. The darn thing has now stopped even booting into DFU mode. Is there a way i can restore while iTunes can't even see my iPod? if not, i may have the dreaded actually bricked iPod Touch!

any help would be hugely appreciated. I have a long trip coming up, and it will be unbearable without Midas. (that is/was his name.)
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Go to the first link in my Signature. Problem Solved.

Next problem...
  3. sliderboy1231

sliderboy1231 New Member

hey im tryin to downgrade from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1 and i get an error after i hold shift and put in the new firmware... it extracts the firmware but then gives me an error.. what should i do?
  4. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Google 1.1.3 Downgrade and download that App.

Next Problem..
  5. deathdr0ne

deathdr0ne New Member

Or you could check out the link in my signature
  6. Jimi.Heffernan

teslanut.
    i've read that post. i've done that. it didn't work. i should've specified in my earlier post. This really isn't that ultra simple problem, and i can't find a solution.
  7. Jimi.Heffernan

allow me to clarify. when i follow your message i get that restore screen on the ipod touch (plug + itunes logo) but iTunes does not see my iPod. I've tried two different ipod chords, and my usb ports are functioning. i have followed the procedure.

are there any other ideas. again, i'm pretty confident i've done this method about 300 times since last night when i first ""bricked"" (i know, not bricked) it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. x6blues

x6blues New Member

have u tried this...

*connected to itunes
    1) hold down power (top) and home button until ipod tab in itunes disappears
    2) once the tab is gone let go of the power button and keep hold of the home until tab reappears
    3) now press restore to go to 1.1.3 or shift-click to select ur firmware
    4) go through the normal process

also ipod screen will be black, and itunes, once tab reappears, will say u need to restore

another method, if this doesnt work, is to use this http://youtube.com/watch?v=YakjwxB3nQU although this has always worked for me. gl any more probs feel free to pm me
  9. Jimi.Heffernan

higuys-

the problem with each of those is that they require that iTunes sees the iPod. it can't for some reason. that's the biggest problem.
  10. hiflyer

hiflyer Guest

Jimi.... Have you tried closing Itunes, shutting down your computer and restarting. Then use the hints given to you in this thread. Also, I would suggest in Itunes, go to Preferences, Syncing and delete your old backup.

Also, try with the Ipod DISCONNECTED. Hold both power and home buttons until you get a BLACK screen. Continue to hold the home button while connecting to the computer with Itunes running. When Itunes see it in restore mode, let go of the home button.