I killed my iPod Touch :'(

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by orkodan, Apr 9, 2009.

1. orkodan

orkodan New Member

Well, I loved my iPod touch so much I bought a new front glass for it as i smashed it not too long back. So I followed all the steps on ifixit and got the glass changed; a little tricky in places but all seemed to go well as there was no snapping or cracking or anything but now after I put it all back together again......... nothing happens, it won't turn on at all :'(

I'm such a fool; but too be honest, it'll be cheaper for me to buy the glass change it, break it and buy a new one than send it to apple or somehwere else to be done

Please Register or Log in to view images

Has anyone else done the same?
  2. Unreal Boy

Unreal Boy Member

Device:
    iPad
    it might not be broken, plug it in to ur pc, and try DFU mode, my friends wouldn't turn on after he switched the glass either, but for some reason he was able to dfu and get it to work again

try dfu mode, maybe theres hope for u
  3. orkodan

orkodan New Member

Well, what happens when the computer doesn't see anything and the charger doesn't even charge it? :'(

I really hope I haven't screwed it up and will open it again to have a look, hopefully find i've forgotten to attach a connecter or something, but I seriously doubt it
  4. jozef88

jozef88 New Member

i agree with you..he shod true that and.... it's gonna be ok.

5. Miga

Miga New Member

Check to be sure that your battery's connected.
    An iPod Touch will not work without a battery at all for some really odd reason.
  6. Unreal Boy

Unreal Boy Member

Device:
    iPad
    Did you try dfu mode tho? because your ipod will act very unresp0onsive in dfu mode
  7. orkodan

orkodan New Member

My computer doesn't see anything when it's plugged in so can't even try to use dfu mode

I haven't opened it up again yet but will try to tomorrow to see if all's connected right.
    I've probably screwed something up when pulling apart the glued bits, it's very tuff glue and needs a bit of force to serparate; I was (maybe even thought) being carful though and not just bending everything apart. All was done slowly and carfully but it's not too strong on the inside so maybe a tiny thing got damaged :'(