I just stole from Apple...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Thao, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thao

Thao New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Wow. I'm pumped. I have an iTunes account registered with a prepaid credit card for buying a few apps. I bought some yesterday, waiting for my iPod.

So today, I decided to take a look and saw the new, shockingly expensive BeejiveIM for 15 bucks. Knowing there was only 2 dollars left on my prepaid visa, I clicked the "Buy App" button.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Shockingly, it started downloading. Just like that. I was pretty much like:

So, I decided to go crazy. I bought Beejive, Super Monkey Call, Cro Mag, Crash Bandicoot, Ambience, and PocketGuitar. Finally, as I went to download Koi Pond, it noticed there was a "billing error" and asked me to log in. However, I still have all these apps downloaded now.

Theoretically, couldn't I just sync these to my iPod, and then sign up for a new Apple account under a different email and different prepaid credit card? Or am I just entirely stupid? Either way, I felt getting all that for two bucks was kind of nice.

2. River

River New Member

Don't get too happy, their billing system will catch up with you - they always do.
  3. Thao

Thao New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm aware of that, in fact they already let me know they had a billing error. But if I just never use that account again, what are they going to do?

Attack my IP? Note, the credit card is a prepaid disposable card that comes preloaded. It has zero information about me.
  4. River

River New Member

Did your iTunes account have your current address and all that?

Oh and on that FedEx shipping - if you didn't get the package on the date promised, you are eligible for a refund on your shipping, via FedEx.

Check your BOM/Package Receipt for Promised Delivery Date and the date you signed for it.
  5. Thao

Thao New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My iTunes account had false info. I lived at 555 Fake St. in New York.

And for the shipping, I actually did phone this morning and the person offered a full refund. So I'm a little happier about that, but still not impressed, as I ordered on the 21st.
  6. BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I would have thought that they could disable the account and then the apps wouldn't work...
  7. Thao

Thao New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm actually not too sure yet. I'm trying with a second account and seperate card atm, and all my old (stolen) apps are still there. Not too sure what will happen when it's time to sync though, as I don't even have an iPod until tomorrow night sometime.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.