i just read a lot and i dont know what is "RUN RS"?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by tomasfn93, Mar 6, 2009.

1. tomasfn93

tomasfn93 Member

Please help i had searched and i dont understand what is "run rs" can someone explain me in other words?

i am watching that a los of people says:

"use the "run rs" tethered version is teh better than the old one tethered" but i can still understand
  2. seanG

seanG Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It's just a faster way to boot and allows you to boot from a dongle. No sending of iBSS211 or commands, all those are stored on the iPod. RUN RS executes those and boots the iPod.
  3. tomasfn93

tomasfn93 Member

ok thanks. look, i had a ipod touch 2g jailbrekoken with redtool with original tethered and now i see a lot of people saying "woowww run rs" "i love u run rs" "OMGGG RUN RS" so which is better original tethered jailbreak or "run rs" tethered jailbreak? the last one is better true? to do the "run rs" method i have to rejailbreak my ipod? and to work with "run rs" i need libusb true? to boot my ipod with "run rs" i need to put my ipod to DFU mode? thanks...

so if i use "run rs" i need yes or yes a dongle or i just can boot it from the PC?
  4. ipodtouch12321

ipodtouch12321 New Member

with "run rs" when you turn on your ipod it automaticly boots into DFU mode so no more "hold home and power for ten seconds" Then you just send "run rs" to your ipod and it boots. No you dont have to rejailbreak. Theres a thread somewhere that has an ipsw that just flashes your NOR when you restore so you wont loose anything
  5. seanG

seanG Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You can still boot from your PC by simply typing run rs in iRecovery. You can do it without having to do a full restore. You do this by just flashing the NOR only which does not make you lose all your apps and everything. You can use redTool for this. I say the run rs is better.
  6. Veritas06

Veritas06 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Answers in red. Please search next time. These questions have been answered several times.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    The iPod doesn't go into DFU, it boots to Recovery Mode. There is no IPSW on the thread because it's not allowed...
  7. tomasfn93

tomasfn93 Member

thank you very much guys, you really helped me and I clarified several doubts, really am very grateful.

so some people have problem with the "run rs" method true? you use the run rs method?
  8. Veritas06

Veritas06 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    People are having issues getting 'run rs' using the nor only flash. I am using run rs, i restore to a full firmware (lost everything) & it's working great.
  9. tomasfn93

tomasfn93 Member

ahh I'm understanding, people who had problems were those who used the redtool 99.5 (with the Flash NOR) true? and the redtool 99.5 its still beta so the people have problem beacuse is beta and chris have to resolve some bugs and errors. so the best choice is to waite for the redtool 99.5 to be release? and then flash the NOR (so i can get my ipod touch working on run rs method) withour restoring. thank you guys
  10. seanG

seanG Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You can still try redTool. It won't hurt to.