I just purchased Itouch 16Gb, Im techie but dont know any thing about Itouch, help.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by buddha01, Oct 8, 2008.

1. buddha01

buddha01 New Member

Hello

I just got home after purchasing a touch 16gb, it has firmware version, 1.1.5 (4B1).

Im confused about a few things, can I only work the ipod with Itunes? What is jail breaking, should I do it, what are the advantages application wise?

I bought the ipod so I can watching training videos to be honest, I also want to get back into my chinese language course and of course listen to audio books, Im a bit of a nerd.

So what gives every one, I expect you were like me, Im really proud of my Ipod and I feel I have no chance to load on to it good stuff because I dont know even what is good,.

Im happy to read pages or links, Id just like a head start from you masters of this device.

What should I do with it over the following days and weeks? Im running vista on a laptop with nod32 so my system is ok, I have the usb cable.

Thanks every one and have a great end of year season, lots of nice games out for the ps3 and pc soon.

bye.

bud
  2. starboom98

starboom98 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Congrats! I know how you feel. I felt the same way when I got mine last year. Jailbreaking is a mod for your iPod touch. What it does is it makes it so you can run 3rd party apps on your iPod & also gives you much more than that! I say you should jailbreak! My iPod is jailbroken! Don't know how I went with out it. You can jailbreak your iPod with quickpwn! Just search for it on google! And also I typed this on my iPod!
  3. beebop

beebop New Member

you don't HAVE to use iTunes.... but other 3rd party software is nowhere near as good.

And you MUST jailbreak... you'll fall in love with your ipod all over

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. starboom98

starboom98 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    is your iPod a 2g? If so it can't be jailbroken yet! If your iPod has a speaker that can play music it's a 2g. If not it's a 1g. Like mine!
  5. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

1.1.5 on a 2G? I don't think so.
  6. atomicmufin

atomicmufin Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    dont b callin it an "iTouch" son.
  7. royalblue

royalblue Banned

Device:
    iPhone
    yeah, i agree with atomicmufin

a true techie would know that
  8. Atl

Atl New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    First off, there's no such thing as an iTouch. Download the latest iTunes from Apple.com and update your ipod, then jailbreak it. There's plenty tutorials around that should cover how to do all of this. You could always ask me if you need any further help.
  9. buddha01

buddha01 New Member

Thank you for your feedback so far.

Can you still jail break it even if it has the latest available 1st gen firmware update via itunes, It did prompt me to update it but I left it untill im clear its a goo idea, what is the latest update for the 1st gen touch/ What will it do for me more than what it currentl has?

Thank you

bud
  10. itsall4thefate

itsall4thefate New Member

The latest firmware for the 1 gen is 2.1. It will cost you 10 dollars, though.
    EDIT:
    And the difference in this update is the Appstore, which has tons of games and apps some free some not. I would say it's worth it.